tempolong
Level 1: Cadet

What is wrong with Telstra Velocity Speed

Just changed from ADSL2 with Internode to Telstra Velocity Fiber. Now my speed test is only 2.6Mbps. it's been like that for 2 days, at evening time. What a joke really. And they cut the copper wire, so I'm stuck with telstra velocity, can't even get the ADSL2 anymore. Morning speed was good can get 32Mbps, on evening when you need to use it, everything just keep buffering.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: What is wrong with Telstra Velocity Speed

Have you spoken to the velocity tech support team at all? It looks like congestion.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

As far as i know the entire velocity network is under review at the moment as there are several area's suffering from congestion
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
tempolong

I don't really know if talk to velocity tech support will make any difference, as after 11pm, the speed just magically back to 30Mbps.

Thanks anyway
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Well, shall I put it this way. If you don't talk to the Velocity team, you can't expect any improvement in the situation.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
tempolong

Talked to velocity team, and again same answer congestion, they can't do anything about it, wait for the upgrade which they don't know when will start. And with they cut the copper wire to the premises make no other provider can service only Telstra. During joining process by the phone they promised during peak time will expect at least 18Mbps, but from my experience during peak time, even to browse internet is so difficult, and speed sometimes down to 2Mbps.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now