CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Tim118
Level 1: Cadet

What to do when you case (complaints) manager isn’t helping?

Hi everyone, So I’m not sure if anyone has had a similar experience, I sincerely hope not, but we’ve been without useable internet since the beginning of July. The solution has been offered by a technician who visited our property. Unfortunately he couldn’t help us without the appropriate authority and involvement of the cable connect team.  

Fast forward 4 weeks, I have been having back and forth conversations with a case manager who hasn’t done anything to help... literally nothing. He just keeps asking for more time. I have contacted the TIO but they cant do anything to help in the short term.

So who do we as Telstra customers call to help us in Australia, or escalate the situation, when the problem is an infrastructure one. Short of legal action I’m not sure how I can make anyone listen to my issues.

We live in Sydney metro and have poor to no mobile reception, NBN was rolled out and missed our street (not scheduled until June 2020), and my adsl disconnects up to 72 times a day. It syncs when working at 1.5/09 Mbps.

There is a ADSL2+ enabled Fibre RIM ‘Top Hat’ that we could be connected to (RIM E2011) This would fix all of our problems including poor mobile reception. However the necessary people in this country aren’t talking to me and I don’t know their phone numbers. I cant make anyone listen, it is so frustrating and Telstra is providing anything but the premium service for which I am paying.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: What to do when you case (complaints) manager isn’t helping?

I'm guessing you maybe be on a long phone cable line or have your speeds been higher?

From memory no new HFC cable connections are taking place if that's what you're referring as the cable connect team.

If you post your SR 1-1 number the social media team may be able to email your case manager and ask them to contact you. Alternatively you can raise a Telstra CEO complaint by Googling it.

For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Support Team
Support Team

If you have the SR reference for the complaint like the examples here: What Reference Numbers can I obtain from Telstra? @343GuiltySpark is on the money, we'll chase that up for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Tim118
Level 1: Cadet

Hi

Thank you both for your advice on how to follow this up.

In all honesty I’ve just about given up again. I never received the follow up call promised from my case manager ‘Gideon’, which is consistent with my dealings with Telstra so far.

The issue is still unresolved, I was told by the last technician that the top hat was full, which I just can’t accept given the area has gone live with FTTC, excluding my street. Migrate someone with access to the NBN off the top hat, they won’t stay on adsl for too long trust me!

Complaints number SR 1-2111138996334

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the information and reference @Tim118

I have sent an email to your case manager, requesting the complaint be reviewed and contact made with you to discuss further. 

Please allow up to two business days for this contact to be made and don't hesitate to keep us updated.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

crazy123456
Level 5: Eagle Eye

HA, now isnt this hilarious - no callbacks, so very UN-Telstra? SORT OUT MY COMPLAINT 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now