Highlighted
NikMc
Level 2: Rookie

What will a lose if I cancel ADSL2 Broadband plan?

Answered
Hi!

I’m looking at cancelling my Telstra broadband service as I’m paying $90pm and there is a lot of competitors offering very similar service for $50pm. Ive been with Telstra for years and years so have lots of bigpond movies purchased / saved and actively use my bigpond email account. If I cancel my broadband (but will keep my Telstra mobile phone plan), will I lose my bigpond email account? What happens to our T-Box and all the movies we have purchased etc?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: What will a lose if I cancel ADSL2 Broadband plan?

You will need to tell the consultant that you want to keep your email address. You get the first 12 months free and them you get charged for it.

As far as the TBox goes, is it a TBox or Telstra TV. I'll assume that it is a Telstra TV as internet functionality on the TBox was already deprecated.

The Telstra TV will lose FTA capability, and the menus will drop back to basic mode. Apps will still work.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Accepted Solution

You will need to tell the consultant that you want to keep your email address. You get the first 12 months free and them you get charged for it.

As far as the TBox goes, is it a TBox or Telstra TV. I'll assume that it is a Telstra TV as internet functionality on the TBox was already deprecated.

The Telstra TV will lose FTA capability, and the menus will drop back to basic mode. Apps will still work.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

It may be productive if you ring the Telstra "Saves" team which is the acronym for the Disconnection Department, as they have certain "save" plans for some customers planning to leave.
To get the Adelaide call centre, you'll need to ring 132200 8.30am to 8.30pm AEDT and say "Disconnection"
You may be pleasantly surprised.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Level 22: Superhuman

I forgot to mention that if your internet and mobile are on the same account, you may be getting a discount for both???? but it depends upon your plan. So, there's a possibility you may lose that if you cancel your internet if there is another service on that account.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
NikMc

Thank you. No I’m not getting a discount for my mobile. I’ve recently signed up for a new plan and it was an internet advertised deal that anyone can get. Thanks for your advice - I’ll try ringing the ‘saves’ team on Tuesday.
NikMc

Yes it’s a Telstra TV. What is FTA?
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Free to Air.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more