CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
tsmhja
Level 1: Cadet

Who should I contact???

Answered

My story so far…

A couple of years ago I inquired about getting ADSL2 connected…long story short “pair gain” cabling, so therefore no go.  

Last week I see the Bigpond Bundles offered (we have a full service home line with Telstra) and I dream about being able to have a cable connection. I check my number and address under the “Check Broadband availability” and woo hoo both ADSL and Cable may be available.

Forever the optimist, I call the number and talk to a very helpful young man. I explain to him that even though it says I can get ADSL, I am aware that this probably isn’t correct. Therefore I am a bit dubious about how accurate the availability information on the page is. He checks cable and then tells me I have good news and good news. Not only can I get cable, but fibre optic cable has just been run and I can get the 200g Ultimate 3 Cable Bundle AND I will even get a $10 discount and incredible download speeds!!! He gives me all the relevant reference numbers and all is good.

I get home and a little later I get a call saying that my order had been received and that I needed to call 13 22 00 for new connections. I explain to the caller that I had already told the initial salesperson that I didn’t have an existing connection. So, I ring 13 22 00 and explain that I had “signed up” for the Home Cable bundle.  I am then told that I can’t get cable. I explain to him that I had just been told I could and that Fibre optic cabling had (apparently) just been run. Again I am told no. When I ask what I can have he tells me ADSL. I explain that I have “pair gain” cabling, therefore, no go...again.

Just when it can’t get any worse, this morning we ask our neighbour (directly across the street) what sort of Internet they have...Bigpond Cable and they are just heading out to pick up their new modem as they had just upgraded to the 200g plan.

Can anybody PLEASE point in the direction of someone at Telstra/Bigpond that can help me???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Who should I contact???

Heya tsmhja,

What a kerfuffle! Smiley Indifferent  

I am really sorry that you have had to go through such an experience again, it's definitely not on. Smiley Sad  

Pairs Gains doesn't necessarily mean no ADSL, however, should the premise sharing the line with you have ADSL, it's a given it will not be available to you as the line simply couldn't carry the signal, of which I am more than sure you are aware given your previous attempt.

I'm interested to see why it is it has gone from being able to get Cable Ultimate to not being able to get Cable at all. 

Now whilst the amazing Steph is not here at the moment, I'm definitely willing to assist you in getting the right explanation for what's happening as it is definitely not a situation I'd wish on anyone, that's for sure!

I have sent you a PM and if you would like me to assist you further, you are more than welcome to reply.

Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to correct the situation. Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
mynewcable
Level 3: Gumshoe

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Whilst Steph is really awesome, we have a number of moderators who look after the site 24/7, so I generally suggest chatting with our LiveChat Team (  CLICK 24/7 Live Chat Service)

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Heya tsmhja,

What a kerfuffle! Smiley Indifferent  

I am really sorry that you have had to go through such an experience again, it's definitely not on. Smiley Sad  

Pairs Gains doesn't necessarily mean no ADSL, however, should the premise sharing the line with you have ADSL, it's a given it will not be available to you as the line simply couldn't carry the signal, of which I am more than sure you are aware given your previous attempt.

I'm interested to see why it is it has gone from being able to get Cable Ultimate to not being able to get Cable at all. 

Now whilst the amazing Steph is not here at the moment, I'm definitely willing to assist you in getting the right explanation for what's happening as it is definitely not a situation I'd wish on anyone, that's for sure!

I have sent you a PM and if you would like me to assist you further, you are more than welcome to reply.

Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to correct the situation. Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Just a quick callout that we've updated our Live Chat links, feel free to use the below links moving forward:

Personal:

Technical Support:

Business:

Keeping you in the know..... CrowdSurfer

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now