CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ANGELA
Level 1: Cadet

Why do I not have ADSL2 Service?

Answered

Hi dear

I buy the new property at Pennant st ,parramatta sydney last month, when I application the ADSL2 service the customer service tell me the ADSL 1 ,2 ,CABLE unavailable. We are the 9 lots in same addressd,but 6 unit got ADSL2 , just 3 unit not have any service. And then I try to TPG, IINET, OPTUS, etc. Still tell me not have exchange port. 

I don't understand the same address why I can not get same service. I try to call your customer service and go to retail shop how many times. Some person tell me call back every 2 week, some person tell me use the mobile wireless. Some person need to contact the builder to report us . I am still in trouble . 

Would you please help me to solve the problem , course I need working at home, and video taking with my little boy at oversea every 2 days ,He just 2 years ago.   

I hope can get ADSL service ASAP. Course every friend tell me the Telstra is the biggest and best company in Australia, better than every telephone and Internet company. So I believe you can help me .  

I look forward the good news  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Why do I not have ADSL2 Service?

ANGELA wrote:

but why the 9 unit share just 6 port? it is realy no more availably?

ADSL ports are part of the network infrastructure, and not the retail offering itself, and for both technical and commercial reasons, telcos cannot just ‘restock’ on ADSL ports once they have run out when demand exceeds what is there – these are not off-the-shelf products they can just order from the manufacturer to on-sell to the customer.

They're more like parking spaces – once they're all taken, you cannot park in that parking lot until someone reliquishes their spot and leaves; adding parking spaces will require expansion of the parking lot itself, and that is subject to a lot of other considerations than a few more vehicle owners wanting to park there.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Hi Angela,

If you have been told there are no ports, then what is likely the case is that the 6 units have already used all the available ports.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

ANGELA
Level 1: Cadet

hi dear

yes ,I see . but why the 9 unit share just 6 port? it is realy no more availably?

Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

ANGELA wrote:

but why the 9 unit share just 6 port? it is realy no more availably?

ADSL ports are part of the network infrastructure, and not the retail offering itself, and for both technical and commercial reasons, telcos cannot just ‘restock’ on ADSL ports once they have run out when demand exceeds what is there – these are not off-the-shelf products they can just order from the manufacturer to on-sell to the customer.

They're more like parking spaces – once they're all taken, you cannot park in that parking lot until someone reliquishes their spot and leaves; adding parking spaces will require expansion of the parking lot itself, and that is subject to a lot of other considerations than a few more vehicle owners wanting to park there.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

View solution in original post

mrmuscovy
Level 2: Rookie

Wouldn't it be nice if a Telstra official could come on and explain the official reason,seems they are getting things on the cheap having others doing their work. Put yourself down for O/T.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit