CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Archie73
Level 4: Private Eye

Why do case managers never answer? Always on holiday?

Answered

I have a complaint in with the TIO and Telstra and everytime I think I am getting somewhere the case manager goes away and I get a text saying "Complaints manager is out ... enter random date" . And the complaint just drags and drags. My last SMS read

"Hi, Please be advised that your Complaints Manager is out from Aug13 to Aug17. Follow up contact is on Aug20 onwards." The key word here being onwards. I've had my complaint lodge for over a month now and no contact from Tesltra. When I chat (have all the transcripts) I am promised a call back which never happens. All I want to do is leave Telstra and not pay an early termination fee for being sold a 100MB NBN plan on FTTN and my Telstra TV not working. So I'm leaving under the ACCC ruling that customers sold plans they could not attain are free to leave. I used to have a lot of patience for Telstra as they have to service a country larger than the continental US, with only 8% of the population! But I'm out of patience. I want to drop Telstra like a hot brick now. Utterly fed up...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Archie73
Accepted Solution

Re: Why do case managers never answer? Always on holiday?

Of course it has been closed - And let me guess it can't be re-opened by ANYONE at Telstra???

NO WAY ON GODS GREEN EARTH AM I CALLING TELSTRA TO WASTE EVEN MORE OF MY LIFE.

Why does everyone in Telstra support always says "Call us back" . Take some ownership Telstra!!!

Here's an idea... @Dani39 @will935

1.  Reopen my closed case or create a new one for me

2.  Credit my account to the tune of $117.

3.  Let me know it's been done.

4. Our paths never cross again

Good riddance Telstra.  

Archie73
Accepted Solution

For those wondering...

I never did hear back from Telstra about a refund.

I've cut my losses and moved to a new provider.  Sometimes time/effiort"wins out over money.  No way I was going to jump back on the "Case Manager" roundabout again.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 25: The Singularity

As it is a complaint through the TIO, it has to follow through their processes so there's nothing that can be done through here.

Note though, the Telstra TV does not form part of any ACCC ruling, the ruling is around not being able to achieve speeds according to the plan sold. Also, 100MB is a quantity, not a speed. What was the exact name of the plan that you were on, including any speedboost reference?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Archie73

I cancelled my account and I've moved to TPG. Been a customer of Telstra for years but my only option was to leave. 60+ days to not hear anything back is a joke. It was not just the Telstra TV issues, a few issues around Smart home orders and general lack of wishing to help customers. It's a win for me really as I'm paying $30 less a month now for the same speeds. No point in paying the "premium" for the support you don't get. With the NBN not being "telco infrastructure specific" anymore, Telstra needs to lift its game, it's not a duopoly anymore! (Optus / Telstra)

With being on TPG, do you still have your Smart Home system operating? The Cameras don't really like the TPG infrastructure.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Archie73

I never got that far. I was charged by Telstra for a Smart home pack that never arrived. I was trying, for just under 12 months, to secure a credit, but falling on deaf ears. I have a full smart home now that is vendor/telco agnostic so I only need "Internet"

What really bugs me is I was happy with Telstra and did not mind paying $99 per month for the warm and fuzzies, but it got to a point where the amount of time I was spending trying to get issues resolved left me feeling so frustrated that I've binned all my Telstra gear, about to port my mobile away and will be changing my business to another provider as well. (And any customers who ask me what NBN plan to get, and those close to renewal won't be renewing with Telstra!). To put the complete lack of "listening" into perspective, to tempt me to stay I was offered a $30 per month "speed boost" to get me to 100MB, for free. Even though I'm on FTTN with the last mile of copper, so only 46+MB is possible. I've been charged for NBN100 since I joined even though my line can only do NBN50. (Typically 36Mbps) Hence my complaint in the first place!! Poor form Telstra. I'm still owed $180 in overcharges and $99 setup fee for a Smart home bundle that never arrived... Won't be back to Telstra while I remain sane!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Archie73 we are very sorry to read that the experience you had with us caused you to leave.

As far as you are aware, is your complaint still open currently? It sounds like there are still some loose ends to tie up with your Telstra account. I would be happy to assist your case manager in contacting you to have this finalised.

Additionally, if there is anything we can do to bring your back onto our network, we would be happy to help.

Can you please let me know your complaint reference number if you have it handy also? It should begin with SR 1-1.

Let me know when you can.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Archie73

Hi Will,

Sometimes it's just easier to cut your losses and walk away. I was spending hours trying to get this all sorted.

My SR number is: SR1-1605013819351

When I total up the time spent on this it nearly a full working day spread over 2 months!

Maybe Telstra can waive my final bill as a "Thanks and Sorry" ?? I owe Telstra $117, Telstra owes me $279. Seem's like a good compromise to me just to put it to bed!

So frustrated with Telstra I can't imagine a time I'll ever come back to the Telstra network, in any shape or form (Mobile / NBN) but I do appreciate your follow up @will935
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply @Archie73

The complaint reference you have provided, SR 1-1605013819351, has been closed as resolved. 

If you wish to have the matter re-opened, please call 13 22 00 and say 'complaint' when prompted to speak with our complaints team.

Don't hesitate to let us know how you go, or contact us about any other matter. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Archie73
Accepted Solution

Of course it has been closed - And let me guess it can't be re-opened by ANYONE at Telstra???

NO WAY ON GODS GREEN EARTH AM I CALLING TELSTRA TO WASTE EVEN MORE OF MY LIFE.

Why does everyone in Telstra support always says "Call us back" . Take some ownership Telstra!!!

Here's an idea... @Dani39 @will935

1.  Reopen my closed case or create a new one for me

2.  Credit my account to the tune of $117.

3.  Let me know it's been done.

4. Our paths never cross again

Good riddance Telstra.  

Archie73
Accepted Solution

For those wondering...

I never did hear back from Telstra about a refund.

I've cut my losses and moved to a new provider.  Sometimes time/effiort"wins out over money.  No way I was going to jump back on the "Case Manager" roundabout again.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now