CrowdSupport®
Ashevans
Level 1: Cadet

Wi Fi Password

I need to find out what my WiFi Password is. I did not purchase my modem from Tesltra so it is not written on it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Wi Fi Password

I did not purchase my modem from Tesltra

So which make and model is your Wi-Fi router/gateway/access point/device?

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
aksobby

i have spent days trying to get info out of telstra on this subject. n as near as i can work out if you buy a modem from telstra you do not get an email address and withouy this you cannot connect into microsoft outlook

Ashevans

Its a netgear Wireless-N 300 Modem Router

Level 22: Superhuman

Ashevans wrote:

Its a netgear Wireless-N 300 Modem Router

A Netgear DGN2200, then? According to page 9 of the user manual, the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and key (or password or passphrase) should be printed on a label on the bottom of the unit.

Netgear DGN2200v3 label.png

If it's not there, then my suggestion would be

1. Connect a computer by Ethernet cable to one of the yellow Ethernet LAN ports on the Netgear unit.
  2. Use a thin, stiff, pointy object to press the Restore Factory Settings button on the Netgear unit (while it's powered/switched on).
  3. Once the Netgear unit has reset itself, browse to http://www.routerlogin.net/ or http://www.routerlogin.com/ in a web browser running on the connected computer.
  4. Log in as the admin user (using “password” as the password).
  5. Go to Settings » Wireless to view the wireless settings. The Wi-Fi (WPA2) passphrase should be displayed on that page. (See page 34 of the user manual.)

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
davo1960

new at this were do i find my wi fi pass code to connect other device,s

davo1960

were do i find wi fi pass word i have a prepaid usb stick

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Davo1960 welcome to Crowd Support! 

Firstly are you sure that your pre-paid USB stick is wi-fi capable? If so you should have received the wi-fi password on a card with your device. If you cannot locate this though you can chat with our support team for Pre-Paid here 24x7: 

http://tel.st/nxzt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now