CrowdSupport®
MorganBK
Level 1: Cadet

Wi-Fi connected, DSL and Ethernet disconnected

I recently bought a Telstra Bundle plan and received a Telstra Gateway Max as part of the deal, after being connected to the internet for a day, the next day I discovered that the 'Internet' light on my Gateway is solid red and will not connect to the internet. 
All the cords are plugged in correctly, I have changed the cords to make sure that they are not broken, and I don't have a home phone or anything else to disturb the phone line, the Gateway Status window simply says that everything is connected except for the DSL and Ethernet.
I'm hoping for this to be fixed soon without having to spend hours on a phone helpline, as I have only recently moved out of the family home and I am entirely new owning my own internet plan.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Wi-Fi connected, DSL and Ethernet disconnected

Do you have any issues at all when you use the phone? Is there dial tone, noise or static on the line?

If the DSL light is red it means the modem can't sync with the exchange at all, which usually indicates either a faulty modem, or a line fault of some description.

I would be reporting the fault to Telstra.
If there is an issue with the voice part, report it via 132203 (voice faults get fixed quicker).
If the voice part is fine, via tech support on 133933.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
MorganBK

The issue is not with a phone, as I do not use a home phone, but with the broadband connection to my modem which I use on my computer for work.
The modem shouldn't be faulty as it is brand new, but I will follow that up if all else fails and no other solution can be found.
Level 23: Superhero

Using a phone is often the quickest way to check for a line fault. If you lift the handset and get no dial tone, or hear a whole heap of noise/static, then it tells you straight away there is a line fault in play.

If you have a handset to plug in, even if you don't normally use your home phone, it will help diagnose things.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
jryd13

@MorganBK what turned out to be the issue? I am having exactly the same issue currently and don't have a landline to test either.
I have a technician coming on Tuesday, but if there is anything that you could share from your experience that might help then I'd love to hear it.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit