Clarky47
Level 1: Cadet

WiFi device check

Answered
I’m currently away from home and my usage on my WiFi has sky rocketed. Is there anyway to see what devices are connected?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: WiFi device check

The only way to do this is to remotely log in to your modem. Remote web access has to be enabled in modem before you left, so if remote access is has not been enabled there is no way to check what devices are connected.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

The only way to do this is to remotely log in to your modem. Remote web access has to be enabled in modem before you left, so if remote access is has not been enabled there is no way to check what devices are connected.
Arida63
Level 1: Cadet

@Clarky47 wrote:
I’m currently away from home and my usage on my WiFi has sky rocketed. Is there anyway to see what devices are connected?

Everyone with a Smart Meter needs to do this. Smart Meters are set up to use any available router via Wi-Fi, and they don't need a password. This not only slows your broadband connection down, and gathers data from your internet usage, but adds a further Wi-Fi device in your house, which increases health risks.

MissDemeanor
Level 2: Rookie

Si que WHAT??!?!! Do you mean electricity smart meters?? I didn’t want the infernal thing in the first place - I definitely don’t want it using my wifi!
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Smart meters can't use your WiFi unless they are given the password to connect. From my understanding the smart Meters installed by power providers use a mobile sim connection to transmit data.

Consumer smart meters that are installed by the home owner to monitor there power usage would use WiFi or a 4G connection if the device supported that.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now