CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
adslfancy
Level 2: Rookie

With Tophat activated, how come still no ports available?

Answered

My area is a new area and there is not ADSL2+ available before . I have been waiting for 3 years and finally it was upgraded with Tophat on 28th Feb.

However, when I placed with SPintel who is a Telstra wholesaler, I was informed there is still no port available. This is the information getting back from Telstra.

I thought it might work if I apply for an plan to Telstra and I did on 14th Mar. However,,by far, no any news from Telstra, it looks like still no good news.........

I can't understand the situation.  Who can explain this? Doesn't Top Hat will enable 200,000 families to get connected to ADSL2+???

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: With Tophat activated, how come still no ports available?

Heya adslfancy,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Smiley Happy

There could be various reasons as to why ADSL2+ Broadband may not be available, even if there has been a Top Hat Upgrade.

I do apologise that you have not yet heard as to whether ADSL2+ is available to you and would like the opportuity to look into the matter further for you.

Therefore, I have sent you a private message. If you could respond, it would be greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

adslfancy
Accepted Solution

Thanks to the staff from Telstra Social Media Team who responsed immediately and helped assign a port to my line.

Couldn't be happier after waiting for over 3 years for ADSL2+ ........

Really excited about the speed of ADSL2+.......my son was just like WOW when he was downloading something last night....

Anyway, thanks ! Telstra Top Hat and those awesome  staffs.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Heya adslfancy,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Smiley Happy

There could be various reasons as to why ADSL2+ Broadband may not be available, even if there has been a Top Hat Upgrade.

I do apologise that you have not yet heard as to whether ADSL2+ is available to you and would like the opportuity to look into the matter further for you.

Therefore, I have sent you a private message. If you could respond, it would be greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

adslfancy
Accepted Solution

Thanks to the staff from Telstra Social Media Team who responsed immediately and helped assign a port to my line.

Couldn't be happier after waiting for over 3 years for ADSL2+ ........

Really excited about the speed of ADSL2+.......my son was just like WOW when he was downloading something last night....

Anyway, thanks ! Telstra Top Hat and those awesome  staffs.

diesel
Level 1: Cadet

I am a long suffering Wireless Internet user who works from home. I have been tracking the installation of the Top Hat service in my area as I have been waiting for two years for ADSL ports to be come available at our exchange in Berwick Victoria. Top Hat infrastructure was installed on top of our street cabinet in late 2011 and commissioned in Feb 2012. In March I received a flyer in the mail from Telstra saying that ADSL 2+ is now available in your area, but when I applied for ADSL2+ through iPrimus they said "No ports available at the exchange". I then applied through Telstra and they said I had a very good chance that I could get ADSL 2+ but a week later I got the same "No ports available at the exchange" message from Telstra. We are now half way through April and I have applied through iPrimus again as my neighbours have all reported fantastic improvement in performance of their old ADSL service. If the Telstra Social Media Team can help me as they have helped CrowdSupport Member adslfancy I would be VERY grateful indeed Smiley Happy

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Diesel, 

Just send me a message here:  http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/7890

And I'll get some details from you and see what we can do Smiley Happy

WazzaMort

Request Smiley Happy

Hi Telstra, if you could install Top Hat for Pullenvale Road, Pullenvale, Brisbane, 4069.  My exchange is three suburbs away at Chapel Hill. It does not give any ETA on when this will be installed on the Telstra Top Hat Web Site.

Chapel Hill is a large exchange with ADSL 2+.  I am just a little too far for ADSL to function.  I was told if I went to a closer exchange they would have to dig up the footpath which is just too expensive.  So help PLEASE!!!

Regards
Warwick Mortensen

mellayeh12

I have no idea what top hat is bit it sounds interesting. Ive just moved house in a very remote indigenous community and have been told that no ports are available and that i will need to wait till someone disconnects from their account. But the 6 houses on my street dont have internet, and because everyone here gets assigned a house due to shortage on houses there is no chance that anyone will disconnect. I really need home broadband but im not willing to wait 3 years or even 2 years. I had to wait 4 years for this bogger house for my family and to have no internet is really frustrating. Please help anyone
Support Team
Support Team

Hi mellayeh12,

Do you know if NBN is due for a wireless solution in that area? Possible to check for any work due soon via the NBNCo rollout map here: http://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address.html

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now