CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Congestion
Level 1: Cadet

afternoon/night congestion SLOW speeds

Answered

Hi, Been putting up with this congestion for close to 6 months now. Speed drops down to 3mb DL/ 0.12 UP from 4pm to 12am. I would like to be releaseed of my contract with no charge as this service is unacceptable and useless to me as i require a more stable connection or i would rather go without thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: afternoon/night congestion SLOW speeds

Hi Congestion,

In this case you'd need to speak to one of our customer service channels to discuss this. 

CrowdSupport is a forum for customers to talk about services, and get answers to questions about their services, however as it's a public forum no personal information can be disclosed.

Our Live Chat team is a great option, available online here: http://tel.st/49kl

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Congestion,

In this case you'd need to speak to one of our customer service channels to discuss this. 

CrowdSupport is a forum for customers to talk about services, and get answers to questions about their services, however as it's a public forum no personal information can be disclosed.

Our Live Chat team is a great option, available online here: http://tel.st/49kl

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

markhs
Level 2: Rookie

Hi,

I'm experiencing afternoon/night time congestion. I'm on DSLAM QLAGAE4003M.

How do i find out if this DSLAM is slated for an upgrade, and if its not, how do i request one?

Thanks
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Customers can check for planned relief here: http://telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/tw-report-backhaul-upgrade.xls

This is updated weekly and the upgrades are performed on the worst impacted sites.

- Shelly

markhs

Thanks Shelly.

My DSLAM is not listed - who can i raise the congestion with so it will be considered for an upgrade?

Thanks,

Mark

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Well, the first step is to report a fault via Tech Support on 133 933 as the DSLAM you provided is not listed as being affected by congestion.

They will get you to check through the following checks to help determine if the issue lies in the network or the configuration of equipment in your home. If you live in an area with a high density of WiFi services this may impact the WiFi signal. 

ADSL Isolation test http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-to-perform-an-Isolation-Test/ta-p/5501...

ADSL Line Profile https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/adsl-line-profiles [Note: after logging in, some customers will be redirected to My Account and need to perform the following steps to then select Account Services then My BigPond from the menu located at the top right of the page.]

WiFi Troubleshooting: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/WiFi-Troubleshooting/ta-p/107516   

The above links are general troubleshooting, which may (or may not) make an improvement to your service. Lodging a fault with Tech Support will allow the network to be investigated further for you.

- Shelly

markhs

I'm not actually a Telstra customer anymore (i have a Telstra ADSL 1 service via Exetel) so i'm guessing i'm unable to raise a fault.

Is there anyway i can petition Telstra to increase backhaul from this DSLAM? 

On a related note, is there any way i can petition Telstra to upgrade my DSLAM to support ADSL2+?

I live in a rural area that will not be covered by NBN.

Thanks & regards

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Markhs,

If you are not a Telstra customer you would need to follow this up with your service provider directly. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now