buellersdayoff
Level 4: Private Eye

albion park exchange CONGESTION

Hi, is anything getting done about congestion on this exchange. I can only get adsl1 8000, the speed I get is most often 1000 or less, multiple tech calls end up with the same results....congestion????? Sorry, just getting straight to the point, 3yrs of this...patients they say...Thanks 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
33 REPLIES
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: albion park exchange CONGESTION

Are you connected direct to the exchange, or via a RIM/CMUX/Roadside Cabinet?

There are the following upgrades for ALPK (all roadside cabinets)

Project IDESA CodeESA NameStatePost CodeDistribution Areas
ALPKCA2ALPKAlbion ParkNSW252730;31;32;35;36
ALPKCA32ALPKAlbion ParkNSW252749;54
ALPKCA33ALPKAlbion ParkNSW252760;68
ALPKCA50ALPKAlbion ParkNSW252750;55
ALPKCA57ALPKAlbion ParkNSW252755;57
ALPKCA62ALPKAlbion ParkNSW252761
ALPKCA66ALPKAlbion ParkNSW252765;66
ALPKCA69ALPKAlbion ParkNSW252769;70
ALPKCA74ALPKAlbion ParkNSW252763;74

More Info on the upgrades Incl Maps at IP DSLAM Rollout (Top Hat) Rollout Schedule and Maps

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

buellersdayoff

The esplanade Oak flats 2529 rim I think, thanks
Ben_F

I don't know the area, can you check those DSLAM updates and see if you fall into them at all? There are Maps for each area Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Technical Support
Technical Support

Hey Buellers,

If you can provide some details I will see if there is anything that I can do to help you with this one.

Sending you a private message with how to provide those details.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

buellersdayoff

thanks i will check it out, screen cap of map with I am here...roughly...Capture.PNG

Ben_F

buellersdayoff wrote:

thanks i will check it out, screen cap of map with I am here...roughly...Capture.PNG

You would need to be in the Yellow Shaded area to be covered by an upgrade, but the guys from Tech Support (Shelly) have asked for your details, so it might be a good idea to send them over and she can help out Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

buellersdayoff

Support says congestion... thanks for looking tho, nothing can be done...disappointing...
buellersdayoff

80~90 KB/s
buellersdayoff

monthly report....average ~90KB/s  exchange is ALPKE1S7

buellersdayoff

Still crap, no reports of upgrades or repairs, <100kb this is not acceptable. I've been through all avenues of tech support, it's not my end. It's the exchange qalpke1s7 that needs Work. So When? That is the question 

Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi BuellersDayOff,

I can confirm no relief is available for QALPKE1S7 at this time.

We will ensure any relief that will address this congestion issue to be published on the Telstra Wholesale report named DSLAM Backhaul Relief when it’s confirmed.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

buellersdayoff

70KB/s or 000000.8Mbps is well short of usable for a family. while trying to download something everyone else in the house has to wait. cant even watch a youtube video at standard definition without it pausing all the time.

SOMETHING MUST be done PLEASE.

QALPKE1S7

upgrades? NBN? SOMETHING!! PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!

buellersdayoff

Thanks for posting out a leaflet for mobile broadband... but this too suffers at peak times in my area. Upgrades are needed. 

buellersdayoff

For all oak flats, Albion Park people suffering please check this out, maybe we can get something done http://www.stephenjones.org.au/we_want_the_nbn and have a look here too http://www.stephenjones.org.au/letter_to_the_minister_for_communications_on_the_future_of_the_nbn?ut...
buellersdayoff

Still the same crap, how about a considerable discount or do I need to change to another isp at half the cost. Paying way to much for what I get, telstra team rep please contact me!
Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi buellersdayoff,

The best way to request rebates for your service is by lodging a formal complaint via any of the following methods: http://www.telstra.com.au/help/contact-us/complaints/index.htm

buellersdayoff

buellersdayoff

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3349622665.png
<snip>

Moderation: post edited to remove offensive content

buellersdayoff

come on, this is <snip>

Moderation: post edited to remove offensive content

buellersdayoff

I see my dslam has had the top hat upgrade @ qalpke1s7, it's also noted in telstra wholesale xls sheet, do I get upgraded to adsl2 automatically or do I need to do something about it even though I have been complaining about super slow internet speed for so long? Please fix my slow internet!
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

To access ADSL2+ speeds you will need to ensure that you are connected on an ADSL2+ plan. We can do this for you, by speaking with our team on http://tel.st/49kl

We will need to change you to a compatible port however if capacity has been expanded this may not be an issue.

buellersdayoff

3667131799.png

I hope there is a fix for this...

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hey buellersdayoff,

Have you applied for ADSL2+ speeds yet since you've recently had a top-hat upgrade? If not just have a chat with one of my colleagues here:

http://tel.st/49kl and they'll be more than happy to help you out with this. Thank you.

buellersdayoff

During my call and the online chat to telstra reps they say adsl2 is not available at my exchange yet, call back in a week. My plan is the same as everyone else in that you get the fastest connection available, when I signed up it was for Adsl2 but there were no slots available and defaulted to adsl1. With the amount of calls I have made about my issues I would like to think that I'd be automatically fixed up as soon as the ports are available. On the telstra wholesale xls sheet top-hat relief is scheduled for the 31/8/14, but with the work (looks like) completed I'd thought I should try to get in early so as to not miss out. My ultimate question is why can't telstra automatically connect me to the adsl2 port as soon as it's available. Thanks for looking Joe and Jesse
Support Team
Support Team

From the details I can find the transfer isn't automatic, but once the backhaul upgrade work is completed you can lodge a new order for the ADSL2+ port.

buellersdayoff

2014-09-11 21_19_36-Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png

Telstra you should be ashamed...

buellersdayoff

2014-10-15 21_25_42-Downloads.png

27.7KB/s Brilliant!!!!

buellersdayoff

Ok so some work has been carried out and speed is now where it should be, 6Mb/sec, can't believe it had taken so long to fix this dslam, now to connect to adsl2+ when the switch is flipped. (up to 800KB/s in comparison to previous post) yay... YouTube works, downloads work, updates happen, more than 1 device in the house connected, online gaming (wait I didn't know what that was).
Doug2232
Level 1: Cadet

This has me worried buellersdayoff.

I have just purchased a house at Albion Park. I work from home 3 days a week so without a solid internet connection i am in trouble.

Has this stabilized and what speeds are you getting now?

I was just assured over the phone from the Telstra Moving House team that ADSL2+ was available at my new location but this has me worried that no ports are avaliable...

albion park adsl2.png

Technical Support
Technical Support

I can see that an upgrade has been planned for Albion Park which is expected to be completed by the end of July this year.

- Shelly

Doug2232
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Shelly.

Where can i obtain this information? 

Technical Support
Technical Support

You should be able to find it in this spreadsheet which is updated regularly.

http://telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/tw-report-backhaul-upgrade.xlshelly

buellersdayoff

http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/products/broadband/adsl/adsl-reports-plans/index.html look for the back haul relief document, you'll need to find out which dslam you'll be connected to. You can also check out the planned capacity increases if your dslam has not already been updated with a top-hat. My internet went from dial-up speeds to true adsl2 speeds

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more