CrowdSupport®
MGx
Level 1: Cadet

are you kidding me? Fixed point wireless Downgrade, have a nice day!

What does that mean for you?

the maximum upload speed will be reduced from up to 20Mbps to up to 10Mbps.

You may experience a minor interruption to your service but there’ll be no changes to your current plan or billing arrangements. 

WE ARE DOWNGRADING YOUR SERVICE, BUT DONT WORRY WE WILL STILL CHARGE FULL PRICE HAVE A NICE DAY Smiley Happy

NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jasoncarpenter
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: are you kidding me? Fixed point wireless Downgrade, have a nice day!

This is strange. My understanding is that the 10mbps reduction was coinciding with an increase in download speed to 75 Mbps?

Level 24: Supreme Being

Yes, that is correct. NBN Co announced at the end of last year that mid this year they would be reducing the upload speed so that they could rework the spectrum usage to the increase the download speed in early next year (march from memory). So it would go from a max of 50/20 to a max of 75/10 instead. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Jasoncarpenter

Thanks DrQ,

i thought that was the case.  So any ideas on why telstra have jumped early on the first bit of that equation?  I think there was another interim of 60/20 in between the 75/10.

I seem to recall them removing the interim speed instead and just doing the upload reduction and then the download instead later but the NBN page I keep finding linked from the news and the like goes to 'this page can't be found' and I can't find any official notification on NBN other then the news articles from the end of last year.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

So yes, I found an NBN page on the change...

"Changes to NBN Co’s spectrum licence² will require the company to withdraw the existing Fixed Wireless legacy and bundled 25-50/5-20 Mbps speed tier product by the end of 2019."

So yes it looks like the RSP have been told they have to drop the current plans in preparation for the change next year. But the page does say that the information has been since changed and parts of the information may no longer be current but there is no more specific information public that I can find. 

Helpful Links

Jasoncarpenter

Thanks DrQ.

i appreciate the hunting around.  Sounds like the interim 60/20 has been removed too.  My typical upload speed is around 11 Mbps anyway, but the download suffers greatly at night.  It’s why I was hoping that the download was getting some kind of boost at the same time as the plan change.

regards

j

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now