Highlighted
machina
Level 1: Cadet

awful cable performance

My ultimate cable has completely died in the last 2 days - now I'm getting dl speeds of 20k rather than 100M and can't load even the most basic of pages. I've rebooted the router several times with no luck...

I'm in northcote (3070) and it looks like there was maintenance done on the 10th which coincides

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Re: awful cable performance

they could be still working on it when they do work around me its up and down till its completed you could give them a ring to ask them if its on going and if not let them know its not working right after the work
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: awful cable performance

Hi Machina,

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your modem?  The best way to do this is by accessing the CG3100D-2 modem interface via http://192.168.0.1 and going to Set Password in the left hand menu.

Please note that any settings which had been personalised will need to be reconfigured.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now