Pushkar
Level 1: Cadet

bad nbn dowload speed

Speed of telstra is getting lower and download speed is dropped down to 24mbps from 48mbps in nbn network, it's irritating when watching any video and it buffers all the time. For example, 5 min video takes 15 mins everytime.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: bad nbn dowload speed

Even with a speed of 24Mbps, you shouldn't get buffering on a video download. What site are you trying to view the video from? It could have more to do with their end than yours.

What is the maximum connection rate that your modem is reporting? And what type of NBN connection do you have (FTTN, FTTC, FTTP, HFC, FW)?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

Hello
Suggest you run the Telstra trouble shooting tool to eliminate anything obvious. Link is below
https://www.telstra.com.au/my-account/troubleshooting-tool
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Pushkar Welcome to CrowdSupport!

Speed isn't the only consideration that determines your broadband performance, as suggested above 24 Mbps is more than sufficient for streaming, in fact you can stream standard definition on as little as 3.5 Mbps. 

I'd recommend the troubleshooting as per the link above, also there are existing support pages on these boards to help further such as: http://tel.st/dxq4b;

I hope this helps!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now