CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
FizzMan
Level 1: Cadet

broadband topup not working

Hi, 

My data allowance ended today and the speed got slower. I tried to activate the free top up twice but after 30 min nothing happened, no confirmation email, nor any top up. Please help me how to get the top up?

Thanks, 

Regards, 

F. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 21: Augmented

Re: broadband topup not working

It does take longer than 30minutes to activate. It may take upto 24 hours.

It pays to use your top-up a couple of days before your data runs out.

FizzMan

Hi Mate, Thanks for the response. I have been trying to top up for a couple of days now but nothing happens. It says that top up done successfully and may take 30 min to show, and then after 30 min still giving me option of top up as if nothing happened... 

F.

Richard27

I have been trying for 5 days now & cannot get to first base. Useless computerized messages promising action (never happens), SMS telling me to phone the NBN Team on a number which when tried, doesn't actually connect to anything and all for a supposedly simple procedure to add a FREE top-up which I have never needed prior to installing NETFLIX earlier this billing cycle but not realizing it had defaulted to the highest setting for data usage ( have since fixed that but all too late).  Just fix the problem Telstra and honour your promises to your customers. !!!!!

Lee16

same boat, offer of 50 bucks for the inconvenience of 5 plus hours on 24x7 and phone.  Still not fixed the speed  though.  All started with same issue - picking Top Up from My Account.

johnson17

Hi - I have had topup problems as well - the topup process is very straightforward, the promised email came and the number of topups available decreased by one - so far so good

BUT it had no affect - I had toppedup a couple of days before the data allowance ran out - but the topup was ignored and I see both no more data allowance and the speed ws slowed - therefore the topup had been ignored

Chatting with Telstra eventually got my speed back to normal BUT the data allowance has not been changed - it still registers as overused on both 24x7 and on MyAccount

This procedure should be automatic and work but judgiong from my experience and others there are flaws which NEED TO BE FIXED

Cheers

Dave

Support Team
Support Team

Hi johnson17, 

Im sorry to hear of your issues having your Top Up applied. 

We will need to check your account details to see what has happened and why this is not yet reflecting on your My Account and 24x7 app. 

Please chat with us here http://tel.st/hsc3 so we can further investigate. 

If this is now resolved, please ignore this response. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Peter-51

I would like to use free topup as my data useage has run out

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Peter-51,

You can request this for your home broadband service via this link  http://tel.st/unap

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now