youngblood
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

cable westmead 2145 outage?????

good morning,,,,,since before christmas my telstra cable internet seems to be crawling or not working  on a daily basis...my telstra foxtel seems to be also  having issues with the tv flicking in and out or losing signal....email is also so slow........as i drive around my area i have seen telstra tech people working on the street thingo that sits on the footpath....if i try to get info from the telstra site it seems to just ignore the request for information...i have telstra cable internet + telstra foxtel and  t box....can someone please check and see  what the problem is as iam really having one that is driving me crazy....telstra gifted me extra cable gigs for christmas but what good is that if i cant enjoy it.....in my account it stated that i use to have fast internet and now it states its standard internet connection so i have gone from fast to standard, what is going on ??????      iam in the westmead 2145 area...thanks guys

6 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Re: cable westmead 2145 outage?????

Hi youngblood, the fault reports I have access to don;t list any known outages or maintenance works for the cable network in the Westmead area. Your connection speeds can be affected by a range of factors, such as your line quality and distance to the exchange or hub and network traffic to the sites or services you use online. The information at http://tel.st/4mu5 can help troubleshoot some common speed problems, and our tech teams on 133 933 would be best to contact for further investigation and assistance.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

youngblood

thank you greg for your reply...but there is definitely something wrong with internet in westmead or at least my address..the speed has diminished over the last few weeks....dashboard is also indicating there is a problem finding server....i dont know what else to say about this but its very frustrating...cheers & thank you

youngblood

hi greg, there is something not working well with server or whatever..i am totally going crazy with this slow speed that takes forever to load the page to anything, even my telstra account is not loading well...my mac is up to date with all apple software etc and if i use wi fi on my i phone its slow as well...telstra dashboard cant locate server to do more tests on my wi fi speed etc...i know parramatta is having problems and iam at westmead...we have had huge rainfall mayby thats flooded the servers etc but telstra needs to give me back my original speed and fix this issue...iam over it...can someone check the telstra box in queens rd as its close to me....thanks greg

Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

There's no suburb wide issues reported for westmead. You will have to contact cable assurance via 133 933
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
youngblood

rie

thank you for your reply yastindrie, but i give up....its just my imagination that my cable is  slow...i am so over it and sick of repeating it....tech support is a waste of time, the problem really is telsra cant handle the load anymore but expect us to pay for the fast service we signed up for in the beginning...i have been with telstra a very long time and i can see clearly its failure to deliver anymore.....optus looks like it can be better than this rubbish...

youngblood

westmead cable issues

thank you for your reply yastindrie, but i give up....its just my imagination that my cable is  slow...i am so over it and sick of repeating it....tech support is a waste of time, the problem really is telsra cant handle the load anymore but expect us to pay for the fast service we signed up for in the beginning...i have been with telstra a very long time and i can see clearly its failure to deliver anymore.....optus looks like it can be better than this rubbish...