Highlighted
YetaoChen
Level 1: Cadet

change CABLE HOME NETWORK GATEWAY to TELSTRA GATEWAY MAX

Answered

Hi all,

I am currently using Telstra cable homeboard with CABLE HOME NETWORK GATEWAY.

If I want to change my current cable modern to TELSTRA GATEWAY MAX. 

What should I do ? and how much I need to pay ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: change CABLE HOME NETWORK GATEWAY to TELSTRA GATEWAY MAX

With Cable internet the only way to get the modem is by speaking to account and requesting a modem replacement, your best bet is to call 133933 and speak to BigPond Sales or chat with sales via LiveChat here: https://livechat.telstra.com

edit;

To answer your second question, the modem is $216 or you can do it on a repayment option for $9/m for 24 months (the price is the same in total just divided up to make it easier to pay).

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

With Cable internet the only way to get the modem is by speaking to account and requesting a modem replacement, your best bet is to call 133933 and speak to BigPond Sales or chat with sales via LiveChat here: https://livechat.telstra.com

edit;

To answer your second question, the modem is $216 or you can do it on a repayment option for $9/m for 24 months (the price is the same in total just divided up to make it easier to pay).

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 22: Superhuman

Good evening,

If there is a possibility that you are about to come out of contract, and are "unsure" if you wish to re-commit,  the best folk to talk to are Disconnections.  To do that, ring 132200 and say "Disconnections".  If you do that in business hours, it will be dealt with by an excellent call centre in Adelaide.    They are the "saves team"  and they have more flexibility in "doing deals" than anyone else.  If you were to commence a fresh contract, you might be lucky if they use their discretion re a deal on a modem  in re-contracting you.  

The modem you speak of, I have in front of me, and it has superior Wifi to previous modems.

Hope that helps. Regards

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now