CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Kyc0917
Level 2: Rookie

come on ,telsra,you make me so mad

Answered

my internet hav really bad performance since i change my address, Telstra charge us the highest fee for the internet but not the highest performance. firstly,i change my address from box hill to box hill south ,maybe just 5mins drive ways. however. the download speed from 1.2 m to 500k.ok. i ask my neighbor ,they said have the same problem.ok thats not the main point. i think most people choose telstra because they can provide us a good gaming environment. but now i didnt feel any good about that. my internet is really unstable and i try to contact the assistant  few times ,maybe 4~or 5 or even more.always talks about somhing useless.something like check your cable ,check your broswer or windows. then take me about 1 hour still cant give me the response. after that just give me the response like 

Unfortunately the Live Chat service is currently unavailable.

We're sorry for the inconvenience and hope to have things running smoothly again soon.

Please try again later.,(i just copy and paste it)

i really want to said WTF!!!!long time waiting list but just didnt get any response.i just want the good gaming internet.i try to shutdonw all the device. change the windows, change the computer ,change the modem, still hav the same problem. and the end , still didnt get any perfect answer for me. why dont you just check your connection or something. i remember before i used extel, only one call ,my internet just fix . and Telstra always only know how to waste our time to do nothing. are we still supose to pay for that higher fee but lower service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kyc0917
Accepted Solution

Re: come on ,telsra,you make me so mad

HI wanglese:

i really also want to know how about my unstable internet.expecally at time , when i play games my ping always jump to really high from 28 . and at that time.i cant even go on internet, but only takes like few seconds.but you know that , thats really bad for playing game

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 22: Superhuman

G'day Kyc0917,

Your internet connection is dependant on a lot of things, so naturally Bigpond is going to ask you a bunch of stuff about youe own connection.

Since you neighbours are experiencing similar things, it might be congestion, or even noisy lines in the area you have moved to.

Even a small move can lead to differences.

So in order to help, first thing I'm going to ask is if you can post your modem connection stats  (I'm assuming you have ADSL and not cable).

The modem connection stats will give us an idea of attentuation and noise on the line etc.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Kyc0917
Accepted Solution

HI wanglese:

i really also want to know how about my unstable internet.expecally at time , when i play games my ping always jump to really high from 28 . and at that time.i cant even go on internet, but only takes like few seconds.but you know that , thats really bad for playing game

View solution in original post

Kyc0917

i also just know my 3g internet on telstra is much stable than my broadband~~

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

kyc0917,

I would approach this issue firstly by reading this knowledge base, to make sure that there is not a simple solution to your difficulties.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-to-perform-an-Isolation-Test/ta-p/5501...

After checking all of the equipment is configured correctly, you may find that an line profile can improve your stability and in some cases, speed. This next link provides information on Line Profiles and how you can adjust them on your service.

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/adsl-line-profiles

Of course it is possible that the modem has become faulty, as any electronic can. So if you are able to borrow an alternate modem, this would also help to rule this out as a possible cause of your difficulties.

If your problems persist after try all of the above, then contacting our Tech Support team on 133 933 would be the next step to making sure that there are no line faults affecting your service.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Kyc0917

both or the method i try before, i change my profile already , the issue still happen also i change my modem by the way.

if i call the assistant they may ask me to do the same question...

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

kyc0917,

I can almost guarantee that they will ask you to perform these steps, for good reason. 

Our front of house consultants have a process to follow, which is designed to eliminate the possibility of a configuration or fault equipment issue before sending a technician to attend.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

CS-User01
Level 1: Cadet

So im here sitting at home on friday just opening my computer to play some league of legends and try and reward myself for the great week which had just past, AND GUESS WHAT? How did you know? EXACTLY, THE ITNERNET ISN'T WORKING! So um telstra, are you actually gonna provide me internet 24/7 or just like 1 hour a day because last time i checked my faimily is paying you good money FOR GOOD INTERNET. 

Now i hope you have a good day to you and your staff... WHAT STAFF??? there is proabaly like 2 ppl working there, you still in your garage hoping to one day become like jobbs or gates? Well telstra its not going to happen if you sit in there hoping for a shooting star to come along and hit you guys in the head to realise that your customers are not satisfied and then you guys decide to go out and actually make something good. And if any of you think you guys are doing a good job, just leave your desk, go home. WELL! that was a talk right? NOW PICK URSELF UP, i know you guys can't do it and i have no faith whatsoever with you guys, so just sell your company for what it's worth and just bake ckaes or something for a living, because you are ruining my life. Ok thanks telstra have a good day!:smileyhappy =.=

Support Team
Support Team

Heya CS-User01,

Welcome to CrowdSupport, I do hope you feel a little better since writing your post. Smiley Indifferent

If you are having problems with your broadband service, my recommendation would be to contact Technical Support via 133933 or you can Live Chat with the team.

Understanding you have mentioned your family pays for the service, please know that in order to discuss technical concerns with the service, the caller needs to be an authorised representative on the account.

In the meantime, I'm confident the Tech Team can assist further.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit