CrowdSupport®
Level 11: Detective

connecting an elderly neighbour to NBN for the first time.

Answered

I have an elderly neighbour who has a Telstra phone only service. The area has just had NBN available and we have tried her out on a few devices and she thinks she can handle an ipad.

The whole concept of the internet is a bit complex for her so she has asked me to help with the process. Keeping the phone working through the process is important to her.

She wishes to stay with Telstra and I am thinking the $75 plan will fulfil her needs. When it comes to overcoming all the privacy issues. What is the best way to proceed with the changeover to NBN on behalf of someone else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: connecting an elderly neighbour to NBN for the first time.

If your elderly neighbour only requires a phone service she can get a phone only services. Below is a link to phone only services. If her current plan is better she can elect to continue on her current plan. There will be no cost for transferring to NBN.

https://www.telstra.com.au/home-phone

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Sit down with her with her and call up together. If you havnt previously been added as an authorised contact, the consultant will need to confirm a few details with her first before adding you as an authorised contact. 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If your elderly neighbour only requires a phone service she can get a phone only services. Below is a link to phone only services. If her current plan is better she can elect to continue on her current plan. There will be no cost for transferring to NBN.

https://www.telstra.com.au/home-phone

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit