CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
settlerbill
Level 6: Bloodhound

connections

Answered

Is it possible to connect my laptop via wifi and ADSL.(not at the same time of course)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
settlerbill
Accepted Solution

Re: connections

Thankyou Jupiter,yes i have a wifi device (760s) and tomorrow i will be getting connected to a bundle- phone and 50gb plan. I anticipate the ADSL will be slower than the wifi so i might keep the wifi to download movies and watching youtube.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Not 100% sure what you mean about connecting your laptop by WiFi and ADSL (my Laptop connects to my ADSL connection via WiFi.)

I assume you mean you have a 4G WiFi device as well as an ADSL connection.

Yes, you can connect your laptop via the 4G WiFi Device and your ADSL.  The laptop just creates different connections for them.  It is even possible to connect to them both at the same time if you have your Laptop connection to ADSL via LAN cable (the laptop will only use the first network it has connected to unless you have a bit of knowhow and can tie them together),

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
settlerbill
Accepted Solution

Thankyou Jupiter,yes i have a wifi device (760s) and tomorrow i will be getting connected to a bundle- phone and 50gb plan. I anticipate the ADSL will be slower than the wifi so i might keep the wifi to download movies and watching youtube.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now