CrowdSupport®
LUKEWARM
Level 1: Cadet

consistently slow ADSL speeds

Hi

Since March I have been complaining about slow ADSL speeds with telstra.  My speeds used to be normally around the 17mbs as i am only 180m from the exchange.  Since March my speeds have been 2-4mbs, that slow that i cant stream any TV and i have subscriptions for stan netflix and foxtel.  Frustrating to say the least it is a waste of money, i cant even watch videos on my phone on wifi so i am going over my data on my phone plan also.

Since March i have been told it is a congestion issue and have been told no time frame or possibly fix for the issue. My area will not see NBN til 2019 so thats no help and i sure hope they are not holding out til then to fix the issue.

Apart from continually complaining to telstra and getting the same answer what can i do? 

My postcode is 4722 and as far as im aware there are no other providers out there.

Cheers 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: consistently slow ADSL speeds

If it is a network congestion issue, even if other providers will provide a service looking at the exchange info they'd be running on the same network which would typically mean no difference.

You can keep an eye out for any backhaul work that might help relieve some of the congestion on the Telstra Wholesale website here: https://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/products/broadband/adsl-reports-plans.html

Honestly though, once nbn start working in an area the ability to get any backhaul work done becomes more limited and less financially viable so it becomes less likely you will get it done.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now