CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
David170
Level 2: Rookie

fibre to node,

Answered
My self install package was delivered, left at house then stolen.The thief broke into house but fortunately not much damage or loss as I live in flat next to it. It will be replaced but I got message saying connection complete,ie outside work done fibre to node. 1.As I don't have box or modem I worry that my phone still works without these.Is this normal until I complete setup or have nbn got wrong line as two phone lines existed for address only flat was still connected at time of switch? Also 2.Can the stolen modem be a security risk for me? It should have had a fridge magnet with user name & email on it. I reported it to Telstra but doubt I will be told who or where it shows up when it's turned on. It should be easy to locate if its plugged in as it has mobile access for when network fails. I want to know who breaks in to my house and if modem had a public ip address Even I could trace it,but mainly worried that it's a security issue for me.? Other than break-in and theft. Any one know how to track or why phone still works
David 170
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: fibre to node,

The fridge magnet that comes with the modem has the WiFi details on it. That is unique to the modem and is not linked to you. The modem itself does not provide a security or privacy risk to you

If the FTTN jumpering was performed correctly you shouldn't be able to use your home phone. You may need to contact NBN Assurance about this
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

The fridge magnet that comes with the modem has the WiFi details on it. That is unique to the modem and is not linked to you. The modem itself does not provide a security or privacy risk to you

If the FTTN jumpering was performed correctly you shouldn't be able to use your home phone. You may need to contact NBN Assurance about this
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
David170
Level 2: Rookie

I spoke to nbn then Telstra guy who said my modem was on its way and the modem would work even thou I had functional phone after fiber to node work completed.Modem turned up plugged in and phone didn't work until a green light set and removal of a old line splitter I checked and phone was working though modem. I had a good day thanks for advice it all got me back from the edge
TELSTRA thanks also
David 170

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now