Highlighted
lizardman
Level 1: Cadet

internet access

Answered

I would like to ask about why sometimes my IPv4 Connectivity just appear no internet access for few seconds and appeared internet again?

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Is really annoying...

Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: internet access

Hi Julian,

If you have ADSL the first thing I would normally ask you to try is performing an isolation test. This helps rule out the most common reasons for slow speeds and dropouts on ADSL services. You can find instructions on how to do this by visiting http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-to-perform-an-Isolation-Test/ta-p/5501...

If after this you still have issues, then I would suggest you contact the Tech Support team on 133933 so they can troubleshoot with you.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi Julian,

If you have ADSL the first thing I would normally ask you to try is performing an isolation test. This helps rule out the most common reasons for slow speeds and dropouts on ADSL services. You can find instructions on how to do this by visiting http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-to-perform-an-Isolation-Test/ta-p/5501...

If after this you still have issues, then I would suggest you contact the Tech Support team on 133933 so they can troubleshoot with you.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
acap55
Level 1: Cadet

Here we go again. I am getting the same issues that I had with Telstra when I was on ADSL. I changed to cable and all seemed to go OK - untill last week.

My internet keeps dropping out and usually stays out for some time.

When I check it out I get : DNS server isn't responding; VPN connection down.

Even though I am connected to "Telstra 1122" and we have an excellent signal the IPv4 & IPv6 connectivity both say NO INTERNET ACCESS.

I have rang for help but it the problem is always comming back. Yesterday I spoke to  JOEART (D672302), who done a few tests and it came good for a while but not for long (Ref # INT 1-818212916347). I tryed to get back to her or one of her colleagues but could not get through. 

I have been tempted to bring our mobiles to Telstra, for simplicity of one bill but that god I left them with OPTUS because I am only able to use the computer with my phone hot spot, as I am doing now to send you this message.

I am suppose to be able to work from home but have given up and have had to start going to the city because of the failiours in your internet.

Can you please help to solve this problem so that I can work and generally use the internet as I should be able too.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Acap55,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I can see from the reference number provided that you have a case manager assigned to this issue. I've sent them an email asking to get in touch with you ASAP.

- Cass.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more