CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
hello31
Level 1: Cadet

kupSmart Modem 2 + HFC Connection = NBN?

Answered

I'd like to know if connecting my Smart Modem 2 + Telstra-branded HFC modem is going to trigger an automatic migration to NBN? The smart modem packaging suggests it will.

I don't want to trigger the migration yet, but want to use the modem 4G backup urgently (my HFC has been down for >24 hours, and I'd like the internet over the weekend)

Note I have not received an HFC modem from NBN, just Telstra.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: kupSmart Modem 2 + HFC Connection = NBN?

When you connect the modem Telstra detects this and assumes you want to transfer to NBN. They will contact NBN Co and book an appoint date for you to transfer and also arrange for the dilivery of NBN Cos HFC modem.

When I connected my Telstra NBN ready modem I received a text message informing me that I will be connected to NBN on a certain date and if I did not want to connect I would have to ring a certain number within 24 hours and cancel the transfer. I was not ready to transfer and by ringing the number was able to cancel the transfer but I had to return the modem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: kupSmart Modem 2 + HFC Connection = NBN?

When you connect the modem Telstra detects this and assumes you want to transfer to NBN. They will contact NBN Co and book an appoint date for you to transfer and also arrange for the dilivery of NBN Cos HFC modem.

When I connected my Telstra NBN ready modem I received a text message informing me that I will be connected to NBN on a certain date and if I did not want to connect I would have to ring a certain number within 24 hours and cancel the transfer. I was not ready to transfer and by ringing the number was able to cancel the transfer but I had to return the modem.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now