Highlighted
rotkraut
Level 1: Cadet

lead in cables to rental property

Answered

Moving in to a brand new rental property in 7 days. Rang Telstra to get our internet and telephone service transferred they told me we have to wait 22 business days to get the lead in cables and service connected. 

We would have no telephone or internet. Can anyone help ??

Thank's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: lead in cables to rental property

Depending on the work required, and whether you are metro and rural/regional then 4 weeks can be a standard wait period for a brand new connection I'm afraid.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Deedz
Level 11: Detective

Can't help directly but felt it worth mentioning the whole network is now owned by NBN CO, so any cable work required may need to be passed through NBN Co, NBN or not, which could explain the time required to get the work done.

Also if its brand new, there may be a $299 connection charge that will be applicable for first time connection to the network. If its a rental property, you may want to check if the landlord is willing to cop that! Smiley Happy

Do or do not, there is no try...

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Depending on the work required, and whether you are metro and rural/regional then 4 weeks can be a standard wait period for a brand new connection I'm afraid.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now