CrowdSupport®
IM12
Level 2: Rookie

my modem.modem killing off my sites particularly BOM

Answered

The my modem.modem problem has just appeared on my Apple laptop.  Have tried previous solutions but nothing works and it is killing off access to some of my regular sites such as BOM.  Does anyone know what causes it and have a solution?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: my modem.modem killing off my sites particularly BOM

Suggest you try changing both IPv6 and IPv4 server in the modem (Advanced > Local network) to by pass broadband connect and then disconnecti g and reconnecting mac.

View solution in original post

IM12
Accepted Solution

Telstra Smart Modem Gen2.  Have uninstalled McAfee LiveSafe.  No Telstra Broadband Protect or proxy or VPN

@DrQ wrote:

What type of modem do you have? Do you have any restrictions in place such a Telstra Broadband Protect or local software like Norton with protection tools? Do you have a proxy or VPN that you use? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4

What type of modem do you have? Do you have any restrictions in place such a Telstra Broadband Protect or local software like Norton with protection tools? Do you have a proxy or VPN that you use? 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Accepted Solution

Suggest you try changing both IPv6 and IPv4 server in the modem (Advanced > Local network) to by pass broadband connect and then disconnecti g and reconnecting mac.

IM12
Accepted Solution

Telstra Smart Modem Gen2.  Have uninstalled McAfee LiveSafe.  No Telstra Broadband Protect or proxy or VPN

@DrQ wrote:

Highlighted
IM12

Fixed thank you

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit