CrowdSupport®
quony1
Level 2: Rookie

nb

Answered
I have moved into a house and had the nbn fixed wireless connected. I collected the posted modem and a tech was supposed to come and install on 4/12/19, but didn't show. I connected myself, however there was only a blue light on the modem. I went through the trouble shooting steps, it said turn the nbn box on the wall  off and restart.  I couldn't as no plug for the box. I phoned Telstra on sunday who said I should have a plug to  plug into the power socket  from nbn box. check modem box, NO plug, no tech and no nbn which I have been paying for....Testra person on phone who was very helpful completed a complaint form and advised a mgr would call with 24-to 48hrs and have someone come out with a plug. It has been 48 hours and still  no call and no plug...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
quony1
Accepted Solution

Re: nb

phoned again and talked for another 55 mins that I won't get back.  My nbn order was closed and it another tech apt made it would cost me as order was closed.  I  asked how did it get closed when the order was not complete..... Officer was helpful and ran the nbn and modem test which shows both do not work and this will then trigger to nbn tech to come out. another apt made for 12/12/19... more  days wasted waiting.  still paying for something I cannot use.....not impressed Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
quony1
Accepted Solution

phoned again and talked for another 55 mins that I won't get back.  My nbn order was closed and it another tech apt made it would cost me as order was closed.  I  asked how did it get closed when the order was not complete..... Officer was helpful and ran the nbn and modem test which shows both do not work and this will then trigger to nbn tech to come out. another apt made for 12/12/19... more  days wasted waiting.  still paying for something I cannot use.....not impressed Telstra.

View solution in original post

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Telstra has no control over what NBN Co does when they are supposed to come out and perform an installation. All they can do is exactly what they have done.

You can lodge a complaint about NBN Co for failing to attend with the ombudsman via tio.com.au

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Do you have internet via the modem's 4G backup. If you don't have any internet you can request a credit from Telstra for the time you are without internet.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit