lambisland
Level 1: Cadet

nbn unsolicited phone calls says i must press 1 or my internet will be disconected within 24 hrs as

Answered

its a spam I  guess.....but what do they want...account or bank details

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: nbn unsolicited phone calls says i must press 1 or my internet will be disconected within 24 ...

Hi @lambisland Welcome to CrowdSupport! 

I can certainly understand the concerns at receiving such a call, regrettably these scammers are getting more and more tricky. 

We offer some great information and tools to help you identify potential scams and keep yourself safe here: http://tel.st/9mazk;

If you have any questions or we're here to help Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: nbn unsolicited phone calls says i must press 1 or my internet will be disconected within 24 hrs

The scammers either want your bank account and other personnel details or they could try to trick you into installing malicious software on your computer.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: nbn unsolicited phone calls says i must press 1 or my internet will be disconected within 24 ...

Hi @lambisland Welcome to CrowdSupport! 

I can certainly understand the concerns at receiving such a call, regrettably these scammers are getting more and more tricky. 

We offer some great information and tools to help you identify potential scams and keep yourself safe here: http://tel.st/9mazk;

If you have any questions or we're here to help Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more