CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
m-lee
Level 2: Rookie

network password

Answered

Does anybody know if the network password to connect Apple TV is the same as the Bigpond network password. I have tried that but it doesn't work. The input screen says "There was a problem connecting to the network". "The WiFi password you entered is not correct"

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
m-lee
Accepted Solution

Re: network password

Thanks anyway, just remembered the wireless security keycard card had the number on it

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero

Once you've done all the preliminary setup the Apple TV should scan for available WiFi network/s to connect to.

Don't forget you can also connect the Apple TV  via Ethernet.

Once you've found your WiFi network you have to enter your usual WiFi access password (case sensitive, of course), it is the usual password that you use for WiFi access on your modem/router, and hit "done." The Apple TV will connect to your network assuming you've entered all your information correctly.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
m-lee

Thanks. I can't think what password I would have used. Only set the new ADSL up a couple of weeks ago. Hve connected laptop & printer wirelessly but don't recall needing a password. I used my Bigpond password to connect to ADSL but that isn't workin gfor this. Is there anywhere I can go to reset it?

Cheers

What Modem Router are you using make and model?

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

m-lee
Accepted Solution

Thanks anyway, just remembered the wireless security keycard card had the number on it

Thats good then, that is why I asked about what unit you had, and then would know where to find that Key code. Good luck with it and enjoy.

m-lee

Thanks for answering ...found the Bigpond WiFi card with the number on it. However, now I am trying to work out how to see Live stream from the internet on the tV. It seems I should be able to watch Utube but other wise it seems it is only stuff from Itunes.

Thanks Mlee

Right, well at least you are up and running.

I'm personally not overly farmiliar with the apple TV box, what I might suggest is that you go to the apple support page and see if you can find any further answers there: https://discussions.apple.com/au/index.jspa

If you scroll down and down the page you'll find a section for Apple TV.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now