CrowdSupport®
htrs
Level 2: Rookie

outages

hello our home internet has been out since 1pm today  - when i checked outages it agreed and said there is an outage that will be fixed in 5 hours  - now its been up dated to say to be confirmed.  When is our street, suburbs internet going to be fixed

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: outages

If the outage board is saying its over and yours still isnt working. Id reconmend unpluging your modem from the power point for 30 seconds. Give it 5 mins to connect. If it doesn't come back online for adsl and cable call 132200 for NBN 1800 834 273. If its ongoing, it will be fixed as soon as possible.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Hello
I'm not an apologist for Telstra..but...any network fault repair estimate can only be an estimate.
Once a tech looks at a fault...only then can you really know about how long. If parts or special skills are required....again times can vary.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles you to be an expert at everything !!"
htrs

Ok so service was restored until Friday Night then modem is constantly searching for networks, it settles down then Saturday no service for an hour or so doing same thing searching for networks and lights flashing on modem. Again today for the past 2 hours is on then searching for networks. Getting very sick of this.

FYI i do / did unplug modem from the power point for 30 seconds. Give it 5 mins to connect. but not constantly because that is just annoying. it should not be continuing to happen.

Why do I pay for a service I don't get and then have to pay extra quota on my mobiles top up from Telstra not being able to provide a consistent service.
Highlighted

If you service is still having issues after the outage, you'll need to call through to the assurance team for your internet service so that can look into it and raise fault if there is something wrong with the line. Once the issue is fixed I'd then recommend calling through to billing to ask about a credit.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

htrs

okay i will give them a call thank you
Mercury83

It’s annoying you have to call different departments to get something fixed and then follow up for a discount or credit. Waiting at least 30mins each time. And explaining everything all over again.

That is due to one team dealing with technical issues and one team dealing with billing issues. I myself only deal with technical issues as I'm not trained in billing.

Mercury83

Agree mines still having issues...I was told I will get a call back within 24-48 hours with an update because the matter has been escalated to stage 2. I had to follow them up and still no cal today. Just a text saying they dispatched to level 2, which I already knew fro the last 2 follow up calls I made. I made a complaint and still the case manager hasn’t given me a call back. Its the same department is it not? Or is it another case of “not being trained” to call people back?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Mercury83,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your internet service and that your case manager hasn't been in touch with you yet. Do you have a complaint reference number beginning with 'SR'?

- Tim  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now