midgie45
Level 2: Rookie

rebuffering problem

Answered

My mum has cable bigpond internet which she only uses to access Next TV via a roku box. She has download speeds of approximately 35 mb/s. It is at times almost unwatchable due to constant rebuffering. The Next TV staff have asked for the IP address and download speeds but nothing has improved. I have since rung bigpond who tell me she has a dynamic IP address. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem ???

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
midgie45
Accepted Solution

Re: rebuffering problem

Thanks we'll look into that.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi midgie45,

Does your mum have any issues with the internet on any other devices or is the issue only arising when she tries to access NextTV? Is the device connected via WiFi or an ethernet cable?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

midgie45

The internet appears to be working okay when I am there or my daughter is  . My mum does not use a smart phone or computer of any kind. The modem is connected to the TV via a ethernet cable. The roku box is then connected to the DVD recorder so she can record programmes. 

Thanks Ashley

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Midgie,

If the internet functions fine outside of the Roku box, then the issue might be with the box, rather than the connection. Did you go back through to them to look into this further? 

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

midgie45
Accepted Solution

Thanks we'll look into that.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now