CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
RedDragon
Level 2: Rookie

slow home broadband

Answered

Hello,

Since 2 months now, I have always the same problem.

During the week everything works fine with my broadband, I have 7Mbps download.

But when the week-end is there. My broadband drop to 1Mbps. Download a movie takes ages.

My wife can't work from home because of that or she need to use her mobile broadband which is faster????? than our ADLS during the week end.

I have 100GB plan and I never reach the amount.

So any ideas ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RedDragon
Accepted Solution

Re: slow home broadband

Hi,

Problem Solve. I called Telstra

I don't know why or how but it's seems that my connection wasn't an ADSL2+ . It was an ADSL....?

I was pretty sure that I signed from the beginning for an ADSL2+ plan, I bought ADSL2+ router for that..

The changed was made by phone with no charge for the upgrade. The hotline said to wait for 24h before the upgrade takes effect.

But it was done in 1 hour.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello RedDragon,

Thanks for your post regarding the speed issues you've been having with the speed of your connection on weekends.

Please follow ADSL Connection Troubleshooting Guide and see if that makes any difference.

I also find that just by turning the modem off for few minutes and back on again improves speeds.

Please keep us updated on how you go with this. Also try Broadband Speed Troubleshooter if it helps in any way at all. Thank you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

RedDragon
Accepted Solution

Hi,

Problem Solve. I called Telstra

I don't know why or how but it's seems that my connection wasn't an ADSL2+ . It was an ADSL....?

I was pretty sure that I signed from the beginning for an ADSL2+ plan, I bought ADSL2+ router for that..

The changed was made by phone with no charge for the upgrade. The hotline said to wait for 24h before the upgrade takes effect.

But it was done in 1 hour.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello RedDragon,

Thanks for your response.

I understand that the wrong ADSL plan was selected instead of the ADSL2+ plan and by having this changed this has now improved your speeds and I'm so glad to hear that this has now been sorted for you.

Thanks again for the update. Take care now Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

wayne1977

its called conjestion come on telstra everyone is getting sick of your slow speeds

PauliPariah

Well those links don't open anymore. Any other ideas please? My ADSL is so slow it interrupts Pandora, and ta\hat only requires 64Kb/s

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now