CrowdSupport®
rickx
Level 1: Cadet

slow speed credit

Answered

my current bill has 2 entries which I do not understand entry 1 shows a $2 credit for nbn slow speed monthly credit for Dec 15 - dec 20 which is the bill date. It also has anentry for nbn slow speed monthly credit for Dec21 2018 - Jan 20 for $10.

it would appear that I am being given for slow internet speeds for the next month but Telstra hasn't contacted me regarding any planned slow internet speeds but they apparently know it is going to happen in advance. The explanation I received does not make snse to me and is '

It does not mean that your Internet will be slow. You would not expect any slow internet for the upcoming months. This credit is just to ensure that we cover the expected speed connection in your internet.'  

Does any one have any idea why I get a $10 credit for my next billing period for slow internet speeds that may or may not occur????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: slow speed credit

How long have you been connected to NBN or been on the your current plan? The refund could be because the speed of your connection (due to physical limitations example distance from node)  is less the speed tier of the plan you are paying for. It does mean that your speed will be slower than what you are currently getting.

I just recently received a limp sum credit due to my connection speed be 5 Mbps less down and 8 Mbps up than the speed of the plan I was paying for (Actual speed 45/12 plan speed tier 50/12) I did not request the credit but received the email from Telstra informing me of the situation and that I would receive the once off credit.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero

I don't see a problem with the credits applied to your account.

I also don't understand why you would complain that Telstra acknowledged you receive slower than expected speed and are compensating you, also in advance.

Why in advance?  Possibly because they know that the speed can't be improved and to save you the time and effort in ringing them, and to avoid a phone call each month.

I think you should be pleased.  My advice is to be happy they are trying to do the right thing.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Accepted Solution

How long have you been connected to NBN or been on the your current plan? The refund could be because the speed of your connection (due to physical limitations example distance from node)  is less the speed tier of the plan you are paying for. It does mean that your speed will be slower than what you are currently getting.

I just recently received a limp sum credit due to my connection speed be 5 Mbps less down and 8 Mbps up than the speed of the plan I was paying for (Actual speed 45/12 plan speed tier 50/12) I did not request the credit but received the email from Telstra informing me of the situation and that I would receive the once off credit.

View solution in original post

RobBris
Level 4: Private Eye

Are you getting slow speeds?

If I have helped please click Like! :-)

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit