CrowdSupport®
petfy
Level 4: Private Eye

slowed internet service with frequent errors

Answered

Over the last several days I have been experiencing markedly slowed ADSL internet service (not due to throttling). Some pages just choke on attempting to load.

I frequently get the following two error messages when attempting to load a page :

"SQL server error" and "Cloudflare not connected with host (error 522)".

Checking the service status shows nothing (postcode 2486).

Telstra Bigpond support is useless. All they did is get me to reset the ADSL modem (ethernet cable connection).

Anyone experiencing similar problems? Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
petfy
Accepted Solution

Re: slowed internet service with frequent errors

After having the line "reset", the speed is back to what it should be.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3327581030

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
petfy

Speed test from www.ozspeedtest.com (optus)

line speed 280 kbs (expected throttled speed)

download speed 35 kbs (what a joke)

petfy

Speed test using www.ozspeedtest.com/bandwidth-test/telstra-bigpond-speed-test/18/  (telstra)

line speed 147 kbs (should be at least 256)

download speed 18 kbs (was the worst of all those tested)

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi petfy

Welcome to CrowdSupport. Please refer to my reply in this thread: http://goo.gl/oz6vtJ as it deals with an Adsl slow speed issue and the troubleshooting would be similar.

-Faaiz

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

petfy

Thank you for getting back to me.

Feed back:

www.speedtest.net wont complete and stops about 10% into the test with download speed of 0.0 mbs.

Isolation test did nothing to increase data rate.

BRPT DSLAM finished backhaul relief on 18/1/12.

Changed noise profile to 1 and will wait the mandated 4 hours to test data speeds.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Petfy,

I wasn't familiar with Cloudflare, so a quick google shows that this is a firewall of some sort? Can you try turning this off or disabling it and retrying?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

petfy

I thought Cloudflare was part of the Telstra network. Its a Sydney server providing an internet connection to the rest of the world. I dont know much about it, but I think it provides such things as railgun, etc to web sites who what to access Australian customers.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Petfy,

Apologies, Cloudflare isn't provided by us, however is both a security measure and a website hoster. I'd suggest giving us a call. We may need to run some tests on the connection on our end. 

Brodie

petfy

Vodaphone Hutcheson speedtest runs OK   http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3321441002

So it looks like Telstras ISP servers  rather than the internet backbone are the problem?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi petfy,

As Brodie advised best to give our Tech Support a call on 133933 so we can run some tests on your end

Thanks 

Highlighted
petfy
Accepted Solution

After having the line "reset", the speed is back to what it should be.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3327581030

DavidMorgan
Level 1: Cadet

I have been getting very slow access via Telstra cable to an SQL database.  Other traffic is acceptable.  Same result for three different programs accessing the database, including a web interface.  Same problem on Mac & Windows.  Perfectly good access if I use a wireless internet connection.  Happened after an outage on June 24.  Support say that our area has general problems so they cannot address specific ones!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now