CrowdSupport®
BlackCayenne
Level 1: Cadet

telstra NBN/ADSL Router/modem IP Address for Security Camera & Automation

Answered

We have just migrated from ADSL to NBN, still with Telstra and now all automation equipment we had connected do not work.

Apparently this is because they are setup to talk to ADSL 10.0.0.x and the NBN is 192.168.x

Does anyone know how I can change settings on my shiny new NBN modem to have IP addresses start with 10.0.0.x?

Is this possible or would I have to have everything connected to it reprogrammed?

This is very important to us because we have a 7 yo Autistic son that is an escape artist, better than Houdini; we have fitted locks to all doors and these are/were controlled via a iPhone App. None of this now works and typical door handles/locks mean he gets out and wonders the neighborhood; which is just frightening.

The company that installed the automation are away overseas and I cannot get anything from them on what can be done to make it all work again.

A friend suggested changing the new modem settings to match the old modem settings but I can't seem to make that happen.

Hoping that someone out there has experienced something similar and can help as we are desperate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: telstra NBN/ADSL Router/modem IP Address for Security Camera & Automation

The IP address of the modem  can be changed to 10.0.0.138 and the DHCP address range can also be changed to 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.254. When I received my Telstra modem I changed the address of the modem to suit my existing network as there was a few devices that had fixed IP address. I also changed the WiFi SSID and password to match the old network. Once address is change will need to either reboot modem or reconnect all devices for settings to take effect.

To changed the IP address of modem log into the modem and go to Advanced > Local Network. See section 27 of document linked in this post for instructions. The document is for the original Smart Modem which has a very similar GUI to Technicolor  GEN 2 modem. The Arcadyan GEN 2 modem settings for the local network are similar.

You might also have to set up port forwarding there are also instructions for this in the document. On the Arcadyan modem settings for port forwarding are located at Advanced > Firewall > Port forwarding.

If you have not done any off this before suggest you get a friend who has done this to help you. If you have any problems can always reset modem back to factory defaults. The reset button is located at the back of modem near LAN port 2.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: telstra NBN/ADSL Router/modem IP Address for Security Camera & Automation

The IP address of the modem  can be changed to 10.0.0.138 and the DHCP address range can also be changed to 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.254. When I received my Telstra modem I changed the address of the modem to suit my existing network as there was a few devices that had fixed IP address. I also changed the WiFi SSID and password to match the old network. Once address is change will need to either reboot modem or reconnect all devices for settings to take effect.

To changed the IP address of modem log into the modem and go to Advanced > Local Network. See section 27 of document linked in this post for instructions. The document is for the original Smart Modem which has a very similar GUI to Technicolor  GEN 2 modem. The Arcadyan GEN 2 modem settings for the local network are similar.

You might also have to set up port forwarding there are also instructions for this in the document. On the Arcadyan modem settings for port forwarding are located at Advanced > Firewall > Port forwarding.

If you have not done any off this before suggest you get a friend who has done this to help you. If you have any problems can always reset modem back to factory defaults. The reset button is located at the back of modem near LAN port 2.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now