Highlighted
youngblood
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

telstra

Answered

hi all...i have had outages for well over a month now in the westmead area....tv flicking on and off with outage and i worry about the damage done to my tv  with this constantly going on...i have phoned telstra many times also used chat many times and iam told outage...this outage was supposed to be fixed 16th oct and thats passed and i still cant get foxtel at all now...over the last month i have had constant outage on and off to all  service cable internet foxtel...i pay a lot of money for my service  for tbox- cable internet- phone and foxtel and for the last month its been terrible and now nothing at all with foxtel... i refuse to phone telstra or phone chat again,....are other people having these problems or telstra send send me a new modem if my modem can no longer cope, i think i have payed enough......this is really bad and not getting any better....pleaseeeeee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
youngblood
Accepted Solution

Re: telstra

hi all..hopefully last update as issue was resolved yesterday, telstra & foxtel came here to my residence and found issue, replaced HDMI lead cable fault which could of been damaged per constant outage issues....all services are up and running and iam most pleased....as always telstra came through for me, both techs were amazing and i was fortunate to have a supervisor  from telstra who followed through on everything....she was the best and most effective person you could ever wish for,she knew her job and delived beyond any other service provider could or ever would......as always telstra treats me very well and i thank them kindly....also thank you to everyone who assisted with posts, it as helpful and led me to the correct place...cheers to you all

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
21 REPLIES 21
gibbsy81
Level 5: Eagle Eye

All you can really keep doing is asking for a technician if you get no where then call 132200 then ask for complaints.

Does your post code come up at http://servicestatus.telstra.com/

youngblood

i have spent so much time on the phone that iam over it...i think this may require me looking at going to another service provider as much as i have loved my telstra service this is really the last straw for me...getting through to anyone without waiting huge amounts of time is just terrible....thank you for your response to a tech but getting there is another thing again...
Level 20: Director

Hi, Youngblood,

Sorry to read of your problem.

Sometimes, restoration to a service may fall outside the expected completion date as a result of numerous factors such as weather, unforeseen events, and quality control. You may check the status of services in your area HERE.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Level 24: Supreme Being

Also to mention, sometimes, especially with Foxtel issues - they are waiting for foxtel to fix a part of an issue as well... but if you are struggling to get help from tech support you can lodge a complaint here: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

and your case would be then passed onto a case manager who would be able to liaise between relevant departments on your behalf, and give you a point of contact until it is resolved and should also be able to help with any applicable credits for the downtime you are experiencing.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

youngblood

hi guys thank you....i have been to status page outage  that you suggested several times and there is no mention any longer about foxtel or my area being out but iam still not getting anything from foxtel......

youngblood

thank you for your msg but i sent a complaint over a week ago  and no response and again this morning....i have no idea what is going on...thanks

Acter
Level 10: Junior Detective

youngblood - see my several previous posts.  Like you long term Telstra loyalist, counts for absolutely nothing, dare I say it.  Only real option is to persevere with telephone complaints re service and follow up and follow up, and follow up.  Do not be dissuaded by other Telstra apologists, you are the paying customer.  Unless you do, these posts will only make feel better or worse in some cases, all these ineffectual links and so on, of limted benefits at best.  BP only wants to tick off on answer of sorts to the online messages, had no real commitment to actual problem rectification in the longer term.  That matter is entirely in your hands.  Can empathise with you, have been dealing with Telstra issues on and off for almost a decade, ACT service is at the lowest of low shelves.

If you lodged a complaint a over week ago and haven't heard anything back, I would suggest either calling complaints on 132200 and give them the reference number and find out what is going on with your complaint, or if that doesn't help, raise the complaint higher. Submit your details and reference in the contact CEO area here and usually they will put it in the hands of someone who will hopefully be more eager to resolve your issues.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

youngblood

just an update guys....i just went to my mac laptop and hit foxtel go and that worked...foxtel go on my laptop but nothing on the modem or telstra foxtel box but a red light .... this is crazy...how come??????.....i have done everything that is really  possible  to get this problem resolved...nothing 

Because Foxtel go doesn't rely on the HFC network working, it will work any time there is an Internet service available.

It really depends on what the issue is, it is possible that the issue was worse then they first identified and thus the resolution time is longer, however it is up to them to communicate that with you and to work on resolutions, even temp resolutions while the work is completed on the network to make it work right again.

Unfortunately, there isn't much anyone here can do but steer you towards the teams who might be able to help best, which hasn't helped, but as fellow customers mainly, we can't get in an fix things for you.

Also, if your Foxtel was working even during the works but isn't now it might be worth a call to Foxtel support too, make sure the fault is lodged with them too, if they are both being bombarded with issues it might will someone to fix the problem.
Foxtel faults are on 131999.
Helpful Links

youngblood

thank you for that, i wondered how that was possible ....i will keep you informed.....yes telstra should be communicating with me and its seriously disappointing that they have not....iam also lookinging into other service providers and it seems t[pg has good deals or directly with foxtel also show promise.....i will let you know guys with updates..

youngblood

hi guys.... finally someone from foxtel is coming out tomorrow after me throwing a maddy at telstra for no info who put me through to foxtel who are sending out a tech tomorrow...i have told foxtel  about all the outage issue and written complaints to telstra about it and this had been going on for at least a month and expect credit to my accoint...they said all these outage issues may of damaged the telstra foxtel box but if not i would have to pay $100 for a new foxtel box....i told them this is nothing i have done and in no uncertain terms am i paying for another box especially knowing it was working perfectly fine before these issues began...i have done nothing different and if costs come up they can cancell the service....now what concerns me is with all this flicking on  and off of my tv/ modem  over the last month with these outages has it also damaged the  lifespan on my tv as with i think the telstra foxtel box.....they also said i should be still conected and getting foxtel by now as outage is over and i have told them its not happening and its still not working.....i have wasted so much time and energy with these issues its mind numbing....i.thank you for all your suggestions but i would say this  is far from being resolved...

youngblood

ok guys ....just this minute my modem just flicked on and off, went with orange and green lights like it was rebooting and  telstra foxtel  box green light went on and also seemed to reboot and i now have foxtel again....i dont know who did what or how but its working, ....its a mystery and   thank you

youngblood

UPDATE.....foxtel has been on now for 30 mins approx but tv and foxtel flicking on and off still as it has been for the last month....so original issue is still there..... foxtel is on & off...will keep you informed in case this is happening for other people  and its noted...thanks

youngblood

its just after 5..00pm  and my update is that the tv and foxtel is cutting out again, so iam back to my original issue of frequent cut offs...there is no outage as i have checked again ..every few seconds and sometimes  minutes without fail i loose picture for several seconds and  screen says no information and modem is flicking green madly...come on please fix this problem before the tv is broken with this on off crap...telstra must be doing something somewhere.....?????? please check my modem or send a telstra tech out to check the lines in this building or on the street...

youngblood

update...a notice buble pops up on tv screen saying HCP  ??? i think with two lines of something that i cant possibly read as it cuts out and then back to tv on..does that tell you anything....also been to a few other posts and it happening to other people also so i know there is an issue for sure..

youngblood

cut on and off is so frequent now to the point of where i cant enjoy and rather than keep being annoyed just turn the tv off completly....this is a disgrace.... please for gods sake check the modem or send a new modem or send a telstra tech..i deserve  better service than this for what i pay monthly...its every few seconds now...

If your Foxtel isn't working either it isn't going to be a modem issue. It is going to be a line fault. If Foxtel are sending out a tech, then let them come out, they should be able to work on the issues, or not that the outage is resolved as you said call tech support again, tell them you are still having issues and that you need a tech.

These forums are monitored by some Telstra staff but they in most cases for privacy reasons can't do much more then refer you back to chat or phone, so posting updates as things change can be good as it might help someone in similar situations, but the posting isn't going to really, in itself help your situation as it is going to the public rather than to the people who can fix the problem.
Helpful Links

youngblood

thank you once again..foxtel came back on this afternoon...cancelled the foxtel tech for tomorrow...its still a mystery as to why it came back on but as stated before for the last month with all my posts phone calls to telstra , complaints written and chat with telstra reporting the issue my tv and cable has  still the same issue of cutting out...i have requested a modem check over a week ago and have requested a telstra tech and iam still in limbo but one thing i know for sure and that is many people are having these same problems with cut outs to service and its big from what i can gather from many comments...telstra seem to be not taking much notice of these complaints but a telstra tech post said its possibly a modem issue and i have asked for it to be checked...yes i do hope these posts help others and let telstra know its still an issue and many are annoyed.its a disgrace...tpg and optus are looking better every day....thank you for your posts....

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Youngblood

Thanks for the update. To ensure that we have your issue investigated by the team who can assist you best, I'm flagging your post with our Social Media Tech Team, so they can find out what's going on. 

You should hear from them sometime tomorrow. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

youngblood
Accepted Solution

hi all..hopefully last update as issue was resolved yesterday, telstra & foxtel came here to my residence and found issue, replaced HDMI lead cable fault which could of been damaged per constant outage issues....all services are up and running and iam most pleased....as always telstra came through for me, both techs were amazing and i was fortunate to have a supervisor  from telstra who followed through on everything....she was the best and most effective person you could ever wish for,she knew her job and delived beyond any other service provider could or ever would......as always telstra treats me very well and i thank them kindly....also thank you to everyone who assisted with posts, it as helpful and led me to the correct place...cheers to you all

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now