CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
vjb2
Level 1: Cadet

uniden XDECT SSE35 phone will not display incoming caller ID after NBN connection

I had nbn connected at my location about 3 weeks ago and since then my uniden XDECT SSE35 home phone will no longer display caller ID on incoming calls. Every time I check to see who has called it just says ''unavailable". The visual ringer is also flashing all the time.

I contacted Telstra and they couldn't help on the day, they have called back 3 times but each time I was at work and unavailable and so they have closed my complaint.

I've googled the problem and have noticed this has been a problem for other people as well, does anyone have a solution that works.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: uniden XDECT SSE35 phone will not display incoming caller ID after NBN connection

Hey, when you called up where they able to confirm you had Caller Display Number (CDN) on your voice service?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

vjb2
Level 1: Cadet

Re: uniden XDECT SSE35 phone will not display incoming caller ID after NBN connection

Yes, I have the caller ID service connected to my phone service. The incoming number displays while the phone is ringing but if I'm unable to get to it in time, the phone no longer stores the number, so every time I check to see who has called it just says ''unavailable".

The visual ringer is also flashing all the time. My sister has the same problem with her Uniden phone since connecting to NBN
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @vjb2 can you confirm is the handset you're using is an NBN compatible device by the manufacturer specifications there? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now