CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Natalcleft
Level 2: Rookie

upgrading from ADSL to ADSL2

Answered

Hi All

A couple of years ago I was advised by a Bigpond technician to change from ADSL2+ back to ADSL as I was about 4km from my exchange and my connection speed was not very stable. I currently get a 3.5 - 4.5 Mbps  connection speed.  The question is , would I NOW be better off with ADSL2+ instead of ADSL due to improved technology? or should I wait for NBN  ...... cough cough 

Thanks in advance

Natalcleft

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Natalcleft
Accepted Solution

Re: upgrading from ADSL to ADSL2

Thanks Jupiter , " the grass always looks greener on the other side " , here`s hoping the NBN stays on track and rolls past my home.
Thanks again

Natalcleft

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I would probably wait.  There has been no great improvement in ADSL2+ technology in the past few years that would "guarantee" any better level of service than you used to receive.  Personally, I would prefer a slower, reliable service rather than a faster unreliable one.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Natalcleft
Accepted Solution

Thanks Jupiter , " the grass always looks greener on the other side " , here`s hoping the NBN stays on track and rolls past my home.
Thanks again

Natalcleft

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit