CrowdSupport®
SamAU
Level 1: Cadet

what if this happened to you?

8 Months ago I signed up with telstra for their cable home internet service with the expectation of high data speeds of over 50Mbps with an extra add on of free speed boost.

Its been 8 months and I have never had speed of over 5Mbps.

I have done quite some time on phones complaining and asking for help however no one has helped regardless of the number of complained and cases filed and escalated

I have only one case manager call me and had the nerve to blame me for all the issues that I was facing and offered me $105 to shut up, I refused and he closed the case without my permission.

I have been complaining every day  over the phone.

To make matters worst we have had no internet for last 18 days and the back up 4G also doesnt work.

I have never been in such a helpless situation with a service who has no accountability.

I have asked telstra to refund all my money because as per contract they have not given me the service agreed upon and an apology for the horrific 8 months ogf time wasted and the insult of spending time with people who have no regards for service.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF THIS HAPPENED TO YOU?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero

Re: what if this happened to you?

As you've tried all the obvious forms of complaint it seems reasonable to write to the CEOs Melbourne complaint office.

His contact details are found on Google

http://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/contact-ceo-form

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: what if this happened to you?

It almost sounds like your cable connection wasn't actually activated and you have been running on 4G backup the entire time (max 6/1Mbps connection).

What are the lights on the NTD (the box you plug your Telstra modem into) doing? Do you have a computer that you can plug directly in to the NTD?

Also, what lights are on on the Telstra modem, and what colour are they?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now