Level 1: Cadet

wifi and gateway problems

Answered

I'm having issues with wifi connections to some items in my home. These 2 items are my fitbit versa and now a home security camera.  I am also unable to access the gateway either now.  Any ideas or suggestions.  I'm at a total loss even after speaking to Telstra today.

I have nbn fixed wireless and techicolor TG797 modem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: wifi and gateway problems

You could try a factory reset of the TG797 by pressing the reset button for at least 10 seconds while TG797 is powered on. The gateway should reboot resetting everything back to factory defaults. You will need to use a bent paper clip or similar device as reset button located inside a small hole.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

You could try a factory reset of the TG797 by pressing the reset button for at least 10 seconds while TG797 is powered on. The gateway should reboot resetting everything back to factory defaults. You will need to use a bent paper clip or similar device as reset button located inside a small hole.

Thank you that helped the gateway issue but still can't figure out how to link these other wifi devices. Probably don't know enough about the setting in the gateway to see if there is a reason why there. Although the more I'm investigating the more I'm learning.

What make and model security camera do you have?

If you can connect these devices to WiFi but can't connect to them it could be that UPNP is not enabled in the modem. (http://10.0.0.138 > Advanced > WAN Services)

The brand is Leshp bought from ebay. 

I believe you could be right the security camera says it can connect to the wifi but am unable to pick it up in the app. I am just too unfamiliar with the modem setting to have confidence to change settings. Or even to know what to change things to.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more