Highlighted
catters1
Level 2: Rookie

wifi extender no longer works with new NBN gateway modem

Answered

I have connected a new NBN ready modem provided by Telstra as a customer retention tool that replaces my old ADSL gateway modem but we are still using ADSL pending NBN conversion. I have an existing TP-LINK wireless extender that was used to get internet access to my Foxtel IQ2 box via the ethernet port from the extender to the IQ2 box. I cannot get the connection to work despite following all the advice possible IE ensure WPS is on  and using the WPS connection process. All the right lights etc are on but no connection. Can any please. Do I have a compatibility issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
catters1
Accepted Solution

Re: wifi extender no longer works with new NBN gateway modem

thanks, all sorted now

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Did you factory reset (usually a pinhole sized hole) the Extender before you tried to reconnect using WPS?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
catters1

thanks ,but yep

Level 24: Supreme Being

Have you tried connecting Ethernet port of the extender to a LAP top to see if extender is working properly? If extender is working OK try resetting Foxtel IQ box.

catters1

thanks, yes have tried that but can't get an internet connection so leads me to thing I'm not getting a pairing even though the extender device is showing all the right lights. I'v tried on both the 5gig and 2.4 gig options from the gateway modem. I don't really want to get a new extender but I might have to.

You should not need to get a new extender it should work. What is model of TP link extender do you have?

catters1

TL-WA730RE

Suggest you reset Wi-Fi extender then connect Ethernet port to LAN port on laptop.

Open web browser enter http://192.168.0.254 into address bar and press enter.

User name is admin and password is admin.

Quick set up page will open click next.

Select repeater as mode and select next

and follow the set up as per manual page 10

http://static.tp-link.com/resources/document/TL-WA730RE_V2_User_Guide_1910010693.pdf

Note turn DCHP OFF and change extender address to 10.0.0.150 if address of gateway is 10.0.0.138

To log in to extender after it has been set up new address is http://10.0.0.150

catters1
Accepted Solution

thanks, all sorted now

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update Catters1, it's great to hear the issue is now resolved. 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now