mazz4
Level 1: Cadet

wifi keep dropping out

i had 2 technicians come out, new modem sent but still getting wifi disconnection on multiple devices, green lights on modem are all on. wifi just drops out then re connects after few minutes. any idea why??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: wifi keep dropping out

Hi mazz4,

Thanks for reaching out, I can appreciate it would be incredibly frustrating to have multiple devices dropping out on your Wi-Fi network and unfortunately, there can be a number of reasons for it.

Such things could be the bandwidth is not good enough to sustain numerous connections at once. You have advised a technician has been out and the connection to your modem seems to be working. Is there a speed and consistency issue maybe?

Alternatively, things such as appliances, bodies of water and metal house framing can interrupt the signal also.

I'd recommend checking out our Wi-Fi Troubleshooting and also checking out our Telstra Wi-Fi Maximiser App.

We do also have a number of Wi-Fi network extension devices  that may also be worth looking into;  https://tel.st/n62fy;

Please do let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more