CrowdSupport®
Dm0603
Level 2: Rookie

*10# no longer working

Hi,

*10# seems to no longer be working on my home phone line.   When I tried 24/7 chat, they said it was because it was a hire phone, which is completely incorrect as we we own the phone.  Any suggestions o n how I can turn *10# one please.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: *10# no longer working

Is your service on NBN?

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"
Dm0603

Yes, we are on a Telstra home Connect Plus package with NBN.

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

As it is a standard phone service function (NBN or otherwise), there is no on/off option.

When you press the * and # buttons on your phone, do you hear a tone (it could be that the buttons on the phone have developed a fault and are not generating the tone).

If you can borrow another handset of of someone, it might pay to try it out and see if it works.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dm0603

Many Thanks.  I do have a tone when I push the the buttons.  The great news is it is now working again.

Case closed  Smiley Happy

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now