CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

13 Numbers On My Bill

Just received my latest bill and noticed a sharp increase in cost.

Checked over it and realised that I had been charged for 377 (not a typo, 377 !!) 13 number calls to a range of different 13 numbers as well as some national, local, mobile etc

Difficult to understand how we made these calls when we don't even own a fixed line phone, no security system either in case anyone thinks it could be back to base calls, and that wouldn't explain the variety of different numbers......

I have called and spoken to a Telstra representative who informed me 13 numbers had been called and charged to me (I didn't notice) approx 3-6 months ago over a few months and then not a single call has been made the past two months, until this latest bill.

Help please 

INT 1-2268693539265.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: 13 Numbers On My Bill

If you can't resolve with customer service you can lodge a complaint 

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 11: Detective
Level 11: Detective

I'm guessing you have a security or medical alarm that is connected to your home phone and goes back to base, it could be making those calls when the alarm is triggered.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
Highlighted

No security or medical alarm, it went from zero calls the last 2-3 months to over 300 last month alone.

A google search of the 13 numbers dialed range between NSW government departments, charities and banks....most dialed repeatedly at random times throughout the entirety of the day. I'm certainly not up at 3 am calling government help lines...

Still no call back or reply from anyone associated with Telstra since my initial contact on Wednesday. How long is it reasonable to wait for a reply before lodging a complaint?

Highlighted

A snap shot of some of the 13 numbers dialled

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Once you have a complaint loaded then it can be up to 5 Business days for the complaints team to assign a complaint manager, for them to look into it and to contact you. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit