CrowdSupport®
Spudman
Level 2: Rookie

13 digit account number question please

I notice Telstra are offering some great deals for overseas calls but I notice it is only for 13 digit account holders!!  I'm currently using Westnet for my home home services but would like to swap back to Telstra to avail of the generous discounts on offer. I currently do get a monthly bill from Telstra as I am $2 in the black hahaha

Who do I contact to swap my account across to the new billing system - any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: 13 digit account number question please

Are you with Westnet for both Phone and ADSL? If so, you will be switched back to Telstra on a 13 digit account number automatically (They won't connect you in the old 10 digit system anymore).

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Spudman

Just put in a request online to have my home phone transferred back to Telstra.

Here's the strange one though - been chatting online with a Telstra rep and she tells me I can't have ADSL on my home line!!  How does that work when I already have my home line with Westnet on ADSL - very strange?

Spudman

Sorry one more question - anybody know how long it takes roughly to make the change from Westnet to Telstra for a homeline?

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Assuming you are already using Telstra Infrastructure, a few hours?

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Spudman

Cheers Ben, I just got an email saying the following:-

Thanks for placing your order with the Telstra Online Shop - order no. HL500205880

"Unfortunately, your existing Telstra account isn't compatible with the plan you've chosen. This means we can't proceed with your order so it's been cancelled."

Bugger do you think this has anything to do with the 13 digit account as I would say I'm on the old system - surely they can swop me across to the newwer accounts system?

Spudman

Hi Ben just to follow up I phoned the 1800 007 408 number and got the phone transfer sorted and my new beaut 13 digit number - should have done that in the first place heh!!

Cheers for your help by the way :-)

edi0246
Level 1: Cadet

What constitutes a 13 digit number and what implications are there in the change over

Support Team
Support Team

Hi edi0246, a 13-digit account number just means that your service has been transferred to our newer account system. There are some services at present which can only be provided via our older account system (primarily for Business and Enterprise/Government services), but the teams via 1800 007 408 can confirm whether your services can be transferred.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

KRT36
Level 1: Cadet

Account

Hi all im trying to find my account number online but cant seem to find it please help 

Support Team
Support Team

Re: Account

Hi KRT36,

Have you logged into your My Account? Should be able to see your account number in there, and also on a copy of your bill. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now