CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

ADSL switched on - but not?

I recently got a new line with Telstra. I applied for internet with a third party. Telstra switched on the line for ADSL.

My modem shows a DSL signal. However, I am unable to access the internet (very rarely a small amount of data gets through. Very rarely).

My provider tells me that the line is improperly configured and to contact Tesltra.

Who do I contact? How do I solve this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: ADSL switched on - but not?

Hi Roba,

Welcome to CrowdSupport!

Unfortunately Telstra will be unable to liase with you in regards to your internet as you are not their customer and any faults / queries need to go via your ISP. You will need to get in contact with your ISP again.
Lathania

Telstra (Retired)

Re: ADSL switched on - but not?

Hi Roba6810

You can call Telstra Line faults on 13 22 03

And have the home phone line checked as there might be faults on this. But if the problem is with the Internet you will have to take that up with your ISP.

If you still have trouble you can contact Telstra Plus who will be able to provide additional support and if needed can even send a fully qualified technician to your home.

I work for Telstra Plus and we can be contacted 7 days a week on 1300 087 587 or visit our website at www.telstra.com.au/telstraplus.  Our service is provided for a fixed charge to your Telstra bill and we offer a ‘no fix no fee’ guarantee.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit