vk1dx
Level 2: Rookie

Annoying reconnection of message bank

This getting way beyond a joke.

We don't want nor use message bank and have repeatedly got it disabled, disconnected or uninstalled from our home phone.  Yet every damned time Telstra works on our service they turn it back on.  We haven't even set up a pin etc.  God knows how many messages may have been lost.

How can a company give you a service that is NOT FREE without us asking for it!!!!

So around we go again.  It' turned on!  Again and all we did is we elected to go NBN for broadband.

Does anyone know how to permanently disable message bank.?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Annoying reconnection of message bank

It's really not necessary to underline your message.

We are customers like you, and do not set Telstra's policies.

For reasons Telstra decided, when they now connect or reconnect an NBN phone service, it defaults to messagebank.  

Some things are beyond our control.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
vk1dx

An error - by mistake.

A complete error from one who is inexperienced with this chat.  I had the text in an email and selected/pasted it with Cntrl_l and Cntrl_V into this forum.  Somewhere along the way I must have hit Cntrl_U.   Ooops

Again  - my inexperienced error.

Thanks for the response.  Luckily I didn't put it all in capitals.  Hmmmm

The only things beyond or control are birthdays and death.  All the rest can usually be attributed to a thought or action made by ourselves either consciously or thoughtlessly.

No offence meant.

Phil

Support Team
Support Team

Hi vk1dx, 

Thanks for using Crowd Support. The link below will give details on how to cancel your MessageBank:

https://tel.st/65995

Let us know if you have any toruble. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

vk1dx

Nope.  None of the above solutions.  We have never done any setup and thus do not have a pin number.  All we get is the prompt to enter a pin number.

Thanks to those who responded.  We rang yesterday and finally got through and the operator said it will be removed in the next 24 hours.  Nope - still there.

Annoying lack of honest and reliable service on the phone and from any Telstra employee who answered my post.

SO - I WILL CALL AGAIN!!  (Yes in capitals and it's not a mistake like my underlining the question)

Phil

Support Team
Support Team

Sorry, this hasn't been removed fully yet Phil. Please let us know if you have any trouble on the phone. This would be the best option to have this fixed. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
vk1dx

I got a temporary fix but apparently it will always return after a reset or even a power outage and then apparently we will have to go through the Telstra "help" system AGAIN (40 minutes last time) to get it removed.

Our family can actually exist without answering machines.  Unlike people of today our family can call back later!  

Thanks Lian

You may as well close it mate because I don't believe anyone has the answer on how to permanently remove/delete it.  Have a good day.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now