Ganny07
Level 1: Cadet

Beep on landline when there is no message

My landline has a message bank beep on it. There is no messages and I have been in contact with Telstra over this problem just about everyday last week. They have checked the line, turned message bank off , given us a new modem. We brought a new phone and it still does it. If I get a new number would this stop the problem as the message bank wouldn’t be connected to the new number. Everybody has said no. The case has been close as we told Telstra to forget about it as we were over it. No problems anywhere according to them . Just thought you might have an idea how to get rid of it. The phone works, we get incoming call and we can make calls. No problem with the lines. Everything has been checked. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Beep on landline when there is no message

Hi @Ganny07,

Appreciate the concern with the strange MessageBank tone on the line. 

It's strange that this issue would persist after all of those troubleshooting steps have been tired. The next step would be to lodge a formal complaint online here: https://tel.st/zrkj4 and a Complaint Case Manager will be assigned to assist further. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now