CrowdSupport®
Frank_Family
Level 1: Cadet

Blocking a number from my home phone.

Answered

Hello,

I own a Uniden Premium Dect 3035 +2.

There is a number that calls me on a regular basis that I would like to block.

I haven't been able to find anything in the manual so I was hoping there was something I could do on the carrier side?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Blocking a number from my home phone.

As far as your service provider is concerned, given the right circumstances a number can be barred. The best idea would be to go to the link I am providing below and check the direct Telstra information there;

http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/advice/unwelcome-calls/contact-us/index.htm

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

As far as your service provider is concerned, given the right circumstances a number can be barred. The best idea would be to go to the link I am providing below and check the direct Telstra information there;

http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/advice/unwelcome-calls/contact-us/index.htm

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Kerrie5

I called Telstra and they can't block a particular number.  I've been told it's a security company that is doing a dial in each day to check the line.

For the life of me I can't remember who this security company is, I haven't used them in years. All Telstra can offer me is to search the internet.  So Telstra and happy to take my $150 a year for calls that are being made from my house phone to the mystery security company that goes nowhere. I queried this years ago and it still can't be rectified.

Surely this day and age, they should be able to stop an automated call being made.  

Tennisball
Level 2: Rookie

Should you have a monitored alarm system installed, the alarm panel, can be programmed to report by a phone call from your end, everytime you turn the alarm on and off, usually to a 1300 number, costing 40 cents everytime on your account. The security company gets a kickback from Telstra every month, which is a nice money earner for the security company and Telstra, at your cost. Its called open and closing in the security industry. Scam (yes) Esspecially a home security system. One company who did this set of programming is Custom Security Services, who operate from Canberra ACT. How to fixit, have an alarm technician de programme the control panel. or simply pull out the phone socket to the panel.Also bear in mind, the security company, as long as your connected, can equally control your alarm panel from their end.Suggest you fix ASAP. NBN, has (to a degree stopped this practise) however if your on was called a Dialler Alarm still, your open to whats happening. Cheers.

BLOCKCALLS

I want the number 03390814400. I have just told them I will contact the Federal Police and they immediately hung up.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello BLOCKCALLS

What was the call about and have you registered on the Do Not Call regesiter?. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now